Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Go Pro 8 Black HDMI out option using Media Mod

Someone else I was talking to on here had the same issue.  I gave him a solution which seemed to work and that was just to memorize the button presses.  

So when it comes to the "monitor" view..   you start off in the default of having the info displayed.  I just pressed the side button 4 times and then clicked on shutter and this removed the battery info and turned it into a "live" view without battery information being displayed in the feed.

Highlighted
Hiker

Agreed with the OP, very frustrating. We need to be able to get live HDMI without the gallery splash screen. We also need quikcapture to work (currently not possible when the media mod is attached).

Highlighted
Nomad

Just checked this on my Hero 8 since I hadn't heard it reported as an issue. Quick capture worked fine for me with the media mod attached.
Highlighted
Hiker

Quick capture worked but that is for 1 button turn on and record to card correct?

I’m talking live out via hdmi.
Highlighted
Nomad

The previous poster was having insisting quick capture didn't work with the media mod, I was replying to him to let him know that it does.  So maybe he has a camera fault or his button isn't lining up.

With your issue, since it's programmed into the GoPro that playback is the default mode, your only option for now that works is to simply memorize the button presses and go with that.

If enough people complain, GoPro may be able to change their software to change the default mode, but it all depends on numbers.  If more people want it to stay the way it is, GoPro won't change it.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your reply. I just wish it had the same menu option that the 5,6 & 7 have.
Highlighted
Nomad

I agree with you totally.  I prefer to have options that you can choose rather than baked in defaults.  I know GoPro is changing how they do things, they are really putting efforts into developing their software and getting user feedback to improve those changes.  Hopefully they carry this attitude over to the hardware side of things too.

Never miss out on the opportunity to suggest hardware or software changes, so use the feedback option in the GoPro app to suggest improvements or bugs with the app and use the "feedback" option at the bottom of this page to suggest hardware improvements (such as being able to select the default mode for the media mod).  It helps GoPro and most of all, it helps you!

Highlighted
Hiker

My media mod within 3 hours of use, so I suspect that may have also been causing an issue with using Quikcapture