Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Go Pro 7 is trash Will not charge or turn on or factory reset.

[ New ]

I have followed every single guide online to get my gopro 7 working again. It has been sitting in my drawer for a year and now i need it as my newer one is broken. So after 48 hours of trying to get it to work with Manual updates and resetting to factory setting (which it will not do either of) the camrea is in a state where no charge lights come on when i plug it in. When it is plugged into a PC it is not recognized as a device at all. And holding down the power button for 10 seconds just shows a gorpo logo no loading bar and shuts off after 5 seconds. It will not power on nor will it reset. It is a complete useless state and for something that i paid so much monmey for and didnt even get to use it once. Can i pleae get a RMA on this product as this is unacceptable. It is a paper weight at the moment. 48 hours of trying to get it to work. Leavng it on charge with no lights on. Not able to power on.  Not able to reset and also not able to update manually. PC does not recoknize it as anything. This is highly unacceptable as my chinese knock off is doing a better job than this trashed on arival gopro.

I actually feel ripped off. This is a problem with all the devices why have you not recalled them?

Help please!

GoPro

Re: Go Pro 7 is trash Will not charge or turn on or factory reset.

[ New ]

Hi @bravespiri30603

What SD card are you using?

Does the same happen when the camera is powered on without the SD card?

How about if it is plugged in without the battery?

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The SD card is a Scandisk Extreme and the camera will not power on at all with or without SD card inside. If i hold mode for 10 seconds it powers on then shuts down right away. You cant take the battery out of the gopro white. And the battery is not taking charge. It will not even factory reseet by holding the mode button all that does it bring up the go pro screen then it turns itself off again. No loading bars nothing just says go pro and shuts down.

I have tried 3 different PC's 4 different cables and 2 wall chargers. Still nothing. It worked once a year ago then has never worked again. Left it to charge overnight eventho no lights are on showing its charging. When i plug into any PC it shows the camera as QUSB_BULK in device manager

Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried 3 different PC's 4 different cables and 2 wall chargers. Still nothing. It worked once a year ago then has never worked again.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @bravespiri30603

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.