Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. Thank you for all your feedback. The GoPro app for both Android (v5.2.1) and iOS (v5.2.2) have been recently updated. If you have not tried it yet, see if installing the new app, or updating to it will clear the issue with the limited live streaming function. Once you have done installing the new update, restart your phone then pair it with your camera again. Let us know how it goes. We'd love to hear back from you. Best regards

Tourist

I was livestreaming today with the latest version of the app (5.2.2) on an iPhone 8. My GoPro Hero 7 Black was on firmware version 1.6.0, which I updated to 1.7.0 after reading this thread. Both before and after the firmware update, my livestream would stop at around 1 hour and 3-5 minutes, as reported by other users here. The issue occured all 5 times I had to restart my stream.

Also, it would be extremely useful if we could set the FOV and zoom for a livestream. Although the app appears to allow this to be set on the "Set Up Live" page, it only actually applies to videos, not the live stream nor the local copy.

Tourist

Software update (iOS 5.2.2) did not fix the problem. Again, live stream ended spontaneously at 1h4min.

Looking forward to an update that allows live streaming without time limit.

screencapture.jpg

screencapture2.jpg

Tourist

Not good. I will return my camera to the retail shop and try to get money back.  Let see what they say. 

GoPro

Thank you for the update, @superboost60566 and @samim776. We will pass this along to the team. We'll keep this thread posted once we hear back from them. 

Tourist

Tried it on two Gopro hero 7 cameras, to youtube, facebook live, and same thing

Was anything actually done on this issue?  I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.    Just asking everyone to try a new release of the APP (or firmware) without any effort on Gopro to fix the actual issue is a waste of everyone's time.   Not sure why so hard to duplicate the issue since everyone is having it.    Could you please send us a link to a youtube video that was streamed by Gopro Development for more than an hour next time before asking everyone to test, plus put in the release notes this issue was really addressed. 

Still think being able to start/stop/pause the stream is ultra important.  Otherwise any blimp in network and the stream shuts off and need to recreate new one.  Kinda silly.    In meantime, i'm using slingstudio to record for more than hour from Gopro, but not everyone is going to spend another $1500-$2000 just to stream live because the gopro doesn't work. 

Thanks

Tourist

I'm not a software engineer but I can't see how updating the app will address this situation.  I use my IPhone X to set up the stream and then use another iPhone 7 as the hotspot the GoPro streams too. (Because I can never get the GoPro to see my phone's hotspot, which is a whole nother issue).  Anyway once the camera is streaming to the other iPhone hotspot, what is the app on my iPhone X even doing? Nothing.  This has to be a firmware issue.

Tourist

This update is nonsense. We have two phones for streaming, one setting up wifi, and another for GoPro App camera control. After initiating live stream we can turn off the GoPro app phone with no effect on live stream. Still live stream breaks randomly. I have trouble seeing how the app update could have anything to do with this problem.

Is this an overheating problem that you have, and no easy solution possible?