Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

[ New ]

Situation is more worst.  None of streams doesn't work.  Camera start stream, but Youtube can't receive anythig.  Factory reset not help, new account, no help, new phone, no help.  Looks like streaming option is totally broken.   

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @superboost60566, @hipnix, and  @hannuk0. Thank you for your feedback. The issue on interrupted live stream after an hour and a few minutes (which we were able to observe too), as well as the more recent issue of not being able to stream to YouTube (as @hannuk0 described) have been reported to the teams in charge. We have not heard back from them yet but rest assured that we will update this thread (and other related ones) once we have new information. 

YouTube has recently made a change in mobile live streaming requirements (see Getting Started With Live Streaming , scroll down to the bottom of the page for link and details). The team is looking into this one as well. We appreciate you providing your input and we'll definitely keep you posted. 

Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

1000 subscribers minimum...are you kidding me?  Anyway to return my Hero Black for a Silver and get a refund for the difference? I think Google may have just killed your product.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Im also having this problem! After around 65 minutes of being Live my GoPro just cuts out and the iPad app says that the GoPro servers have disconnected me???
SO SO frustrated please sort this out!!
Tourist

[ New ]

What power source did you use? Asking as I know recording stops once your camera is charging and I need to livestream a >3 hour event.

Thank you in advance

Tourist

[ New ]

I use normal power pack. In May camera visit service center and now it works only 15 to 30 min.  Problem is overheting. Normal case, power pack, HD, wifi remote =  problems.  If you set sd quality, no wifi stream and no wifi remote, MAYBE it works that 3 hours. But don't expect miracles.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Is there any update yet? About to go on a ride from the uk to norway and purchased the hero 7 to steam. If not addressed may just return and use mobile instead.. losing faith with gopro after every release just gets worse. Still havent fixed the **bleep** go pro app on pc! It's the slowest, jank piece of rubbish I've ever used! And after all this time no fixes. It does t even let me access my hero 7! So simply dont use it now! Sorry for rant but these are all issues that should be addressed straight away when people are spending over £300 on a camera..
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bluedawn6400. Thank you for the feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience. We do not have an update particularly for the hour-long live stream. 

If the Quik on your computer still not detect media from your HERO7 Black, try inserting the SD card directly instead. This should allow Quik to detect your camera's footage. You might also want to explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro media. Add to the list the new version of Quik for mobile app. Here's how to create videos using the mobile app. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]
Well is this at least being worked on? This is essentially the only reason I invested in another gopro for this capability which I now know is useless.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in the same boat. Only thing I can add it's not a data bandwidth signal strength issue which support seems to think it is. If people are having that issue it wouldnt happen at home on wifi. I live stream to twitch for hours without a problem, I also live stream from my phone for hours with no problems even if I lose signal, streamlabs simply puts a place holder image on stream till you regain signal and away you go again. Just seems like such a silly issue to have that's ultimately going to make people take back there hero 7's! By all means I can link you footage of me out on a motorcycle streaming, when it works its solid and beats my phone hands down especially with image stabilization. But the 30mins to an hour cut off is useless.
Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah, 7 month from my first post about that problem and GoPro not yet fix that. This is last gopro device i bought

Tourist

[ New ]

I wanted to use a GoPro for 24/7 livestreaming. After I saw that it doesn't work I took a RaspberryPi as Video-Proxy for streaming. It works quite good depending on the network for 2-3 days, after that the GoPro Software hangs (image stabilization heavenly shaking). But that would be ok. You can test my efforts on your own RaspberryPi (3+), code is on GitHub. It's not finished, but it works if you wake the camera with you phone (preview stream on the App) and then everything works.

Start the stream from Adelbach only doesn't work right now, but could be fixed shurely. I switched to the Raspberry Camera Module for my demand so development got slow… 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

Hiker

[ New ]

how many resolution are there from video on that method? It maybe using Preview stream on gopro app.

This solution is good for gopro6,5... But on gopro7 have livestream function with HD streaming and easy for use,That's why I bought it.

My temporary solution is using cast.io for restreaming to youtube (with 9,9$/month), very easy to use.

My second temporary solution (FREE) is setup local rtmp server on computer/raspberry... It canbe restream to multiple service (facebook, youtube, twitch....) Im using https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server , but if want stream to Youtube under 1000 Subs need some modification (https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server/issues/232#issuecomment-514464037), change metadata Creator from Gopro to OBS Studio or something. Maybe Youtube blacklisted gopro as mobile device lol.

Anyone want to test my private restream server, contact me as vutn0911 at gmail.com

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes this uses the preview stream. Image quality wasn't very important for me, I forgot to mention. I believe it's 480p but with many artefacts, which would be ok to me. That's the reason the raspi camera module is ok also.

Your setup sounds interesting! But it also drops after 66min or so, right?

Hiker

[ New ]

It's not drop after 1 hour, i use it for ~3hour restream to youtube ok. And more, if got drop (because internet problem),I just need to stream it again, the viewer is only interrupted a bit

Tourist

[ New ]
Can we please stop suggesting "fixes" by using external equipment. Because all you are doing is reinforcing go pro not to fix something they have advertised their product does. Which if its 30mins to 1hour live stream it's about as useless as a chocolate tea pot and is false advertising. "Only interrupted a bit" it's broken!
Tourist

[ New ]
Stop suggesting external equipment to fix an issue. Go pro should work live steaming on it's own for longer get than 30mins to an hour. By suggesting fixes on a camera you spent 300 on you are just reinforcing go pro doing piss all about fixing it again. 30mins of live streaming is about as useless as a chocolate tea pot and is false advertising selling a product which this capability attached. Which I'm tempted to report tbh
Tourist

[ New ]

I have read this forum through and it seems that we all have the same problem well not sure if there is a fix as of yet but I have been able to record a little bit over an hour but then it does the same thing even with the newest firmware.

I was so excited to have my subscribers buy me this camera for my IRL Livestreaming but it seems I have to use my iPhone X more than the GoPro

Below is a screenshot of the two streams recorded via GoPro recently here while cycling in Amsterdam I hope this issue is resolved soon 

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 12.18.09 PM.png
Hiker

[ New ]

welcom to support center GoPro.

We still reported that problem 9 month ago and now that was not fix. Haha

Tourist

[ New ]

Well I hope they fix it soon xD Regardless I love the streaming on my GoPro my vieweres are aware of the issue, a quick factory reset and set it all back up and BAM you back. 

Tourist

[ New ]
They will never fix it. Never. So many people have told gopro support over the last year and they don’t care. They don’t believe all the people telling them same thing. They don’t try to recreate issue in lab or worse they tell you it’s not an issue for them, must be something you are doing wrong. Worse you get some support clown telling you to do the same things over and over again. Oh get the latest firmware, reformat, you need new SD card, blah blah but none of these things ever did it. They just expect to wear you down with nonsense things to try. Well it worked on me. Had 7 GoPro cameras for baseball games to get different angles. Wanted to live stream a few of them. After hour shut down so got half the game always. Tried everything, their support tried to help but never figured it out. Feel sorry for the new posts of people complaining about same thing because know they will give up to. Just take a look at these forums and all the issues people have and how long GoPro never fixes them.

I switched to other camera brands as result and don’t have nearly the issues and he support is 100x better

Go pro cares about one thing and one thing only. How many little boxes of hardware they can sell. Period.
Tourist

[ New ]
EJ.
quit misleading people. You don’t know what issue is and won’t be issuing any update to fix it. You know it and everyone else does to. This has been going on since the release of the hero black 7. GoPro support is not believable anymore. Most people have moved on from this and just gave up on GoPro cameras if goal was to stream for more than hour
Tourist

[ New ]

I recently just found out that with the new iOS updated the streaming doess not even want to work at all.

I thought it was just me so I tried it on two different days in different locations etc, then I just said screw it and made this short video..

https://youtu.be/hlA6X8loDd4

I already tweeted about it I hope we can retweet it out and ge this issue fixed..

I was so excited to be able to stream with my GoPro Hero 7 Black but it seems that a new bug has now made it impossible to even use.*************************...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @jochenw08. Which OS is your iPhone running on? Is it already updated to the latest version iOS13.1? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Well I do admit it was not at 13.1 for the video I made but I did update it yesterday and tried it all again same thing.. 

I have to say that I have been very happy with the GoPro itself and the quality of my livestreams especially while cycling so I look forward to helping in any way I can. I know there is not many IRL streamers that use GoPros but hey I love it  (Once it works)

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response, @jochenw08. We appreciate your input. We will pass this along to the team. Our team is working on a new app release. Let us know how it goes by then. You will be notified by the app once the new version is rolled out. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for getting back to me I look forward to the update already as I really enjoy streaming witth my GoPro which my community actually bought for me so I cherish it and want to give them the best IRL streams possible.  If I can help in any way let me know would be kinda cool to say I did help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I was wondering if there is any update on the issue as the last stream I did with my GoPro also only lasted around an hour.  Is there a fix in sight.

Hiker

[ New ]

I think no. I still waiting 1 year Woman LOL and they never fix it

Sightseer

[ New ]
Wow I was getting ready to buy a go pro hero 7 for streaming 2.5 hour amateur sports games. I won’t be doing so now. <sigh>
Tourist

[ New ]

Nah man the issue is fixed I recently had not problems with it, I am 100% sure they fixed it with one of the recent firware issues.

@GoPro 

Just trying to be honest with people because I love my GoPro Hero 7 still use it to this day from Amsterdam, throughout the US, Jamaica and now soon Portugal.. Best Investment ever! 

Hiker

[ New ]

It's not fixed, do not buy a 7 for livestreaming!!! 

Tourist

[ New ]
You sure I’ma try it out again in the next couple of days.
Sightseer

[ New ]

My new Hero 7 Black arrived today and I ran into this message board by accident while searching for tips from the community.
I bought the camera for the sole purpose of low budget live streaming from a lecture hall. Reading all these complaints made me cold sweat because all lectures last longer that 1 hour.

Gladly in my first test I managed to do a 1 and a half hour of streaming on Twitch without any errors or disconnects. I ended the streaming myself by pressing the stop button. So maybe they fixed the problem or I just got extremely lucky.

For my test I used my Hero 7 Black that I updated to the latest firmware (v1.90 | November 25, 2019 at the time of writing), an iPhone 11 with the latest version of GoPro app for IOS (v6.7 3515 at the time of writing) and a quite slow WiFi connection with 1Mbps upload rate. The camera was connected directly to the power outlet without the battery. For RTMP url I used this Twitch Ingest rtmp://live-fra05.twitch.tv/app/{stream_key} that I found here: https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/. The video resolution was 720p. I had a 128gb micro sd card in the camera but it was not used because I did not selected the "save a copy" to the sd card option.

I don't have a Facebook account neither I have 1K+ subsribers on Youtube to test, but I do confirm that streaming uninterrupted for more that 1 hour is possible using RTMP in my case.

40428AEA-290D-4438-A178-58729D23810D-2020_03_11-17_44_42.392000.png
Hiker

[ New ]

@newbies82 wrote:

My new Hero 7 Black arrived today and I ran into this message board by accident while searching for tips from the community.
I bought the camera for the sole purpose of low budget live streaming from a lecture hall. Reading all these complaints made me cold sweat because all lectures last longer that 1 hour.

Gladly in my first test I managed to do a 1 and a half hour of streaming on Twitch without any errors or disconnects. I ended the streaming myself by pressing the stop button. So maybe they fixed the problem or I just got extremely lucky.

For my test I used my Hero 7 Black that I updated to the latest firmware (v1.90 | November 25, 2019 at the time of writing), an iPhone 11 with the latest version of GoPro app for IOS (v6.7 3515 at the time of writing) and a quite slow WiFi connection with 1Mbps upload rate. The camera was connected directly to the power outlet without the battery. For RTMP url I used this Twitch Ingest rtmp://live-fra05.twitch.tv/app/{stream_key} that I found here: https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/. The video resolution was 720p. I had a 128gb micro sd card in the camera but it was not used because I did not selected the "save a copy" to the sd card option.

I don't have a Facebook account neither I have 1K+ subsribers on Youtube to test, but I do confirm that streaming uninterrupted for more that 1 hour is possible using RTMP in my case.

Yes. See my old post, i use restreaming server for fix that. But GoPro7 still have problem with Youtube. We buy gopro7 for youtube streaming but now i need pay more 10$ per month for restreaming service, that bullshjt 

Tourist

[ New ]
Still happens on the Hero8 Black! 😞
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @keitha58137

This has been shared with the team and we are waiting for new updates.

In the meantime, you may stream via RTMP.

See How to live stream from your GoPro  for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
hello,
i got the same problem, when will be update with fix pack ? it's horrible because i'm streaming dj sets.

pekin
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @pekin0100. Have you been able to live stream using RTMP? See if it helps. You may refer to How to live stream from your GoPro for reference.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Guys
I keep getting these messages and the topic is almost comical
I tried for 2+ years to get GoPro to figure this out, they have no idea how or don’t care or both
Bought 7 go pro cameras during that time period, modified a bunch to get better lens with third party hardware. Wanted to record live baseball. Never got to work. Sent in dozens of emails and documents
Gave up and went to Sony cameras as result

GoPro has horrible support. The only thing they know how to do is tell you to upgrade the firmware, and tell you they are working on it
They just don’t care. In two more years you will see what mean when try like i did and
wasted all that time in doing so

The only way they fix is for customers to keep jumping ship, but doubt they will care even then

Sad cause they have a great product, their support is just horrible and they don’t care what their users think

If don’t believe me, go back in time two years and look at all the messages sent trying to resolve this.

Hope you have better luck but feel sorry for all the new customers getting false advertisement from GoPro.
Hiker

[ New ]

One and half years later, no fix at all from gopro.. just shows you how much they care once they have your money

Tourist

[ New ]

they don't respect their clients, if i knew this before buying ;l

Hiker

[ New ]

congratulation, you got reply from admin because using new product (gopro 8 Smiley LOL)

But bad news, we still waiting 1,5 years after same reply and nothing fixed 

@keitha58137 wrote:
Still happens on the Hero8 Black! 😞

Tourist

[ New ]

when a using RTMP after 3-4 sec connection is brake off ;l yesterday i was streaminy my set and like always after 46-53min connection was brake off. I can say only this - I HATE YOU GO PRO !!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Oh my. This is terrible, and here I was hoping the crap customer support I received was an isolated event. When you are told to go to the "discussion board" for help, you should know you up poops creek without a paddle. 

1st - Couldn't get a signal via HDMI out of My GoPro Hero7 (still working on that one)

2nd - Couldn't connect to my youtube account to live stream even with all the requirements (solved that myself)

3rd - Live stream automatically shuts off after 30 mins. 

I can't believe it's up to the user to solve this issue!!! Has anyone come up with a solution? 

I'll get back to tinkering. If I find a solution I will let you all know. 

-Micha

Tourist

[ New ]
No, I gave up on GoPro 2 years ago when they ignored everything asked or lie and tell you it will be fixed in new firmware version
Or get the classic support person telling you it must be only your camera cause works fine on mine
they got too big and stopped caring about any actual customers.