Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

[ New ]

Dear,

I'm using Gopro 7 Black for streaming event ~ 2 hours, but camera auto stop streaming after 60~65 min, need to live again by phone and Streaming will start with new link, old viewer will lost connect. Is this a problem?

Hiker

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

[ New ]

No one reply my problem :(

GoPro

[ New ]

dlcv81882

Did you notice if there was an error either on the app or on the camera?

Were you using an external power source?

Was there an SD card/ battery inserted on the camera?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Im got error at camera screen
I try to use external power source without batterry, no sd card and streaming only, use diffirent wifi connect.
But always stop at 60-65 min both of them.
Tourist

[ New ]

I've had same problem. Live stream via Youtube has twice ended exactly at 66:44 minutes.

There was a beep from the camera, but I wasn't able to see the possible error message.

There was an external power source (camera's battery was 100 % all the time).

Stream was also saved on SD card with plenty of free space left when stream abruptly ceased. On SD card there was three files of 4 GB / 22 min each and one file of 150 MB / 49 sec.

I have also had troubles setting up a new live stream after first one. So far, only way to do that is to reset camera to default settings (which is annoying). I'm using iPhone 8 and GoPro app version 5.1.1.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dlcv81882 @samim776

I did a test on an iPhone8 and a Samsing S8 paired with a HERO7 Black.

Both were able to live stream for more than 2 hours.

Please try resetting the camera then try again,

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Im try with iphone XS, other network, Manual updating, factory reset camera. Always stuck at 60~65 min and Camera screen show Error Connection with BEEP BEEP BEEP.
Sending my camera to dealer at my country (Synex FPT) , they waiting mail from gopro and not yet replacement for me. This is big **bleep** new year.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have tried now five times, and every time live stream ends after 65-72 minutes.

Camera was reset to factory settings. Two different wifi networks has been used and I also tried to stream using the phone as a wifi hotspot (4G connection).

At least two different error messages has appeared after unexpected ending of live stream, screen captures of them are below. Wifi and 4G connections have been very stable, and it seems unlikely that problem would be in mobile or wifi connection.

I really do hope that this problem will be fixed soon. 

yt1.jpgyt3.jpgyt2.jpg

IMG_1270.jpgIMG_1268.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @samim776 @dlcv81882 

Would you mind trying it with a different phone?

This will help us isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @samim776 @dlcv81882 

Would you mind trying it with a different phone?

This will help us isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Im try with iPhone XS and Xiaomi Mi5S. Same result
Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue over here.  GoPro 7 black, 128 G memory card and power pack, Samsung mobile phone hotspot, Telia, Youtube rtmp stream service.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dlcv81882 @hannuk0

We did further testings with the HERO7 Black and an Android phone and we were still able to stream for more than 2 hours.

It's possible that the drop is coming from the connection itself.

Would you mind connecting to a different network?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

You guys are lucky you can even get 1 hour.. I have random disconnects anywhere from 30s after live onwards, and this on solid wifi to a nginx server on the network. The fact that the reply here is " We did further testings with the HERO7 Black and an Android phone and we were still able to stream for more than 2 hours." shows that this has never been tested properly, myself and all other live streamers I know that are using or have tried to use the H7B for livestreaming all experience these same issues.

Hiker

[ New ]
Are u read my post?
I try with many connection network, same result.
I think problem from stupid software drop stream when conection have problem without try keepalive, and my gopro have problem with wifi and restart wifi after 60~65 minute.
Hiker

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

I just got a replacement fullbox from shop. And now livestream youtube still stop at 40 min. LOL

Tourist

[ New ]

Tested and same result in every case. MAx recording time 1 h 6 min and stops. Youtube says client stop it, gopro says server stop stream.  

IMG_20190119_223039275_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

We need an update for this this problem, as soon as possible. Please

Hiker

[ New ]

@hannuk0 wrote:

Tested and same result in every case. MAx recording time 1 h 6 min and stops. Youtube says client stop it, gopro says server stop stream.  

I try with restream dot io, maybe be have longer time when restream to youtube, but if connection closed we will lost old stream and need to use orther session

Tourist

[ New ]

And our other team use same type of camera. It goes down after 20-30 min streaming. Only disconnect and connect battery helps and start the camera. No any problem when using normal recording. Normal open case around. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

There is an update released for the HERO7 Black.

Please have your cameras updated and see if this corrects the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Im just test on 1.70 (manual updating). Problem is not gone. Youtube stream stop at 1h06 on 2 network.

A New problem i detected, i have 2 router wifi (same internet connection) A and B.

At Both router, i always got error at 1h to 1h06p with youtube live. (old bug)

At router A, i can use Restream dot io to stream youtube over 3hours if internet fine, but sometime i got connection error and drop stream with random time. But at router B, my stream always stop after 10 minutes  (9:59) with restream or facebook rtmp live, maybe all other site with rtmp stream (NEW BUG).

Anyone have suggestion about router config?

Tourist

[ New ]

Update did not fix the issue. Test stream after update ended at 63:54 min. All my streams have ended at approximately same time. (Don't know if it has got anything to do with it, but ending time has been almost exactly 4000 seconds.)

I have two other problems with live streaming:

1) Every time the camera has to be reset to default settings before live stream works. It has to be done even if no changes to settings were made.

2) Using a phone with Gopro app as personal hotspot for live streaming has worked only once. All other times when choosing this network option, the Gopro app switches to iPhone Settings and after that I don't know what to do (iPhone's personal hotspot is on and working).

IMG_1286.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. We appreciate the tests you performed and the details you shared. We have forwarded this to our team so they can replicate and see what could be causing such an issue. We will update this thread once we hear back from them. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

with 1.70  sw same problems. Cut off abour 1:03 . Some time I have to reset camera (battery off) to start stream again.  Sometimes it start again nicely.   

Sightseer

[ New ]

After hours trying to get a superviser on tech support, Liam (superviser) said he had never of the issue which means that he was lying or that there's horrible communication within the company.

Either way I'm sick of their crap and am returing the camera and investing in a live stream set up that works.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

I am really sorry for any troubles caused.

We are still working on the issue.

Once we have additional information, we'll get this thread updated.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@ymsphilly wrote:

After hours trying to get a superviser on tech support, Liam (superviser) said he had never of the issue which means that he was lying or that there's horrible communication within the company.

Either way I'm sick of their crap and am returing the camera and investing in a live stream set up that works.

Try my way for waiting update.

Use restream.io (free for youtube) with Live event option and i got longer time

Hiker

[ New ]

Please use Video mode setting for video stream.

I set Liner, 24 fps at video mode, but on video live stream use Wide or superview mode and 50 fps

Tourist

[ New ]

i've had EXACT same issue and have tried everything.

Got hold of support and told me had to do manual upgrade, not from APP. Made zero sense and as expected this was useless info.  Camera was updated fine with latest firmware,  was waste of time doing it again manually.

I have been streaming baseball games.  works great, then about an hour into it, stream stops automatically and get same message that Live stream ended.   Tried everything. Bought new SD cards, formatted them, tried on a 2nd and 3rd Gopro Black camera, tried with and without saving high resolution video to Camera also.  Tried 3 hotspots (phone, Verizon Jetpack, and gigafiber network on my wifi),same result.  Started thinking and still maybe that could be youtube settings on live events.  Going to try facebook live next.

Hoping can read rest of this thread and see if anyone has resolution.   Ready to go to a non-gopro device like camcorder.  No one from Gopro support can give any good troubleshooting techniques other than reload firmware, restart camera, reformat SD card.  Surely, they could fire up their own gopro camera and see if it works.    

Also, #1  complaint even if this works is why in the world would you not have a "pause" button on the live stream.  If ANYTHING happens and lose connection for whatever reason, stream stops and have to completely start over.   What if want to pause event while inbetween innings in baseball or halftime, or whatever.  Just so silly not to have a pause live stream and a reconnect one if lost.      

Love gopro, always have, but seems latest offerings are a bit buggy

Tourist

[ New ]

Exactly, everyone reporting the same thing and Gopro says it works.    

Tourist

[ New ]

As much as hate to do this, going to use my sling studio.   It works flawlessly on doing live stream and can do up to 4-5 cameras at once and they can be about any good camera.     Gopro will get enough complaints hopefully to fix this bug, but until then i can't keep waiting for lackluster support. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Just ran a test with gopro Hero black 7 again with live streaming.  This time tried Facebook.    SAME RESULTS, check out picture. Went to about 1:05 hours and then stream stopped.     Now that it's done with both youtube and facebook, has to be issue with Gopro.    Not sure what else to do, this thread is pretty big and everyone seems to have same issue.  I wish support would just run some tests.  Take a gopro black 7 and stream live to facebook and to youtube, 3-4 times and report back results with proof.     

Regardless, during my testing, had network disruption again and stream stopped, and fact can't pause stream pretty much makes what i need to do useless.     

I took my slingstudio and connected with cameralink wirelessly and streamed live to youtube and facebook for 3 hours each, no issues.  So definitely a gopro issue.    

I love these gopro's, have 4 Hero 4 black with modified lens from back-bone, and 2 new hero black stock that was hoping this streaming would work reliably.     Prob will have to go look for another camcorder or camera that can stream without busting and allow you to pause stream and reconnect if issue.  Sling does that flawlessly, if lose connection reconnects, if lose camera just doesn't show anything in stream.

If anyone solves let me know

thanks

Roberto

liveStream-GoPro-ToFacebook.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
I am having exactly the same problem stops just passed one hour and 4 minutes.
used 2 different i phones and an ipad.
on a 3rd hotspot device.
i also agree with a previous post regarding a pause button and not saving stream settings.
i use this for my grandaughters softball. My son is a pro with apple products and runs a global IT department.
i am a programmer so we are both very comfortable around network issues.
YouTube states a 7 hour streaming limitation so unless it is some configuration issue i have not found it must be in the camera.
the time is a definite clue because it seems as though its at it's at 01:04:xx for every post i have found and since its also happening to people streaming to FaceBook the only common factor is GoPro.
i have not tested with android because i could not get it set up in time the last time i needed it but with 2 different iphones and an Ipad having the same issue im still leaning to GoPros as the problem
Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same problem. My GoPro7 was disconnected youtube live steamings at 1hour 4~5minute every time.
I did firmware update manualy and I used two diffent wifi by samsung glaxy s8+.
But I had same results.

I also really do hope that this problem will be fixed soon.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

We are still working on the reported issue.

Apologies for any troubles caused.

I will be posting an update on this thread as soon as I get additional information.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Ej, a free hint: why would you not get one these faulty cameras to your support? You could isolate if if is a hardware bug of some batch, or a general software bug. We are from same junior sports team with Hannu and happy to send our cameras to your testing. We have two units doing the same fault.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

We are releasing an update to address the crashing/connection issues.

Please continue to check our website for information. 

Software Update Release Information

I will continue to monitor this thread.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I've go the same issue.  Stops recording softball game after approx an hour.  Have you released the update?  Not seeing it in the link you provided.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Thank you for all your feedback. The GoPro app for both Android (v5.2.1) and iOS (v5.2.2) have been recently updated. If you have not tried it yet, see if installing the new app, or updating to it will clear the issue with the limited live streaming function. Once you have done installing the new update, restart your phone then pair it with your camera again. Let us know how it goes. We'd love to hear back from you. Best regards

Tourist

[ New ]

I was livestreaming today with the latest version of the app (5.2.2) on an iPhone 8. My GoPro Hero 7 Black was on firmware version 1.6.0, which I updated to 1.7.0 after reading this thread. Both before and after the firmware update, my livestream would stop at around 1 hour and 3-5 minutes, as reported by other users here. The issue occured all 5 times I had to restart my stream.

Also, it would be extremely useful if we could set the FOV and zoom for a livestream. Although the app appears to allow this to be set on the "Set Up Live" page, it only actually applies to videos, not the live stream nor the local copy.

Tourist

[ New ]

Software update (iOS 5.2.2) did not fix the problem. Again, live stream ended spontaneously at 1h4min.

Looking forward to an update that allows live streaming without time limit.

screencapture.jpg

screencapture2.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

Not good. I will return my camera to the retail shop and try to get money back.  Let see what they say. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @superboost60566 and @samim776. We will pass this along to the team. We'll keep this thread posted once we hear back from them. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried it on two Gopro hero 7 cameras, to youtube, facebook live, and same thing

Was anything actually done on this issue?  I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.    Just asking everyone to try a new release of the APP (or firmware) without any effort on Gopro to fix the actual issue is a waste of everyone's time.   Not sure why so hard to duplicate the issue since everyone is having it.    Could you please send us a link to a youtube video that was streamed by Gopro Development for more than an hour next time before asking everyone to test, plus put in the release notes this issue was really addressed. 

Still think being able to start/stop/pause the stream is ultra important.  Otherwise any blimp in network and the stream shuts off and need to recreate new one.  Kinda silly.    In meantime, i'm using slingstudio to record for more than hour from Gopro, but not everyone is going to spend another $1500-$2000 just to stream live because the gopro doesn't work. 

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm not a software engineer but I can't see how updating the app will address this situation.  I use my IPhone X to set up the stream and then use another iPhone 7 as the hotspot the GoPro streams too. (Because I can never get the GoPro to see my phone's hotspot, which is a whole nother issue).  Anyway once the camera is streaming to the other iPhone hotspot, what is the app on my iPhone X even doing? Nothing.  This has to be a firmware issue.

Tourist

[ New ]
This update is nonsense. We have two phones for streaming, one setting up wifi, and another for GoPro App camera control. After initiating live stream we can turn off the GoPro app phone with no effect on live stream. Still live stream breaks randomly. I have trouble seeing how the app update could have anything to do with this problem.

Is this an overheating problem that you have, and no easy solution possible?
Tourist

[ New ]

Are there any updates on this issue? The app update was clearly useless since the GoPro streams independenly once started from the app - even if the phone is disconnected it will continue, but stop just after 1 hour. Overheating is definitely not the issue since it stops at the same time for everyone, and can be resumed immediately, albeit under a new stream. I have powered my 7 Black via USB and removed the battery so it barely gets warm, but the stream still stops at the same time. Are the GoPro engineers even working on this issue?

In general, it seems as if there is a large disconnect between the detailed symptoms users describe and what is passed along. Most are told any issue boils down to an old firmware version or app, an incompatible micro sd card, or overheating, yet in most cases this is clearly not the issue. I would strongly recommend something like uservoice so that people can track issues and avoid various threads which seem to go nowhere. At least tell us if an issue is not being considered due to complexity or is out of the scope of the product, rather than remaining silent.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is a great post Superboost.  Would be really helpful if mariustanya would come back to address what GoPro's next step is going to be to correct this bug with their product, since the update to the app was clearly not the soultion.  If GoPro has decided that they don't want to allocate resources to addres this flaw, than please let us know and issue us refunds.  Don't string us along until our warranty runs out.