Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

It's not fixed, do not buy a 7 for livestreaming!!! 

Highlighted
Tourist

You sure I’ma try it out again in the next couple of days.
Highlighted
Sightseer

My new Hero 7 Black arrived today and I ran into this message board by accident while searching for tips from the community.
I bought the camera for the sole purpose of low budget live streaming from a lecture hall. Reading all these complaints made me cold sweat because all lectures last longer that 1 hour.

Gladly in my first test I managed to do a 1 and a half hour of streaming on Twitch without any errors or disconnects. I ended the streaming myself by pressing the stop button. So maybe they fixed the problem or I just got extremely lucky.

For my test I used my Hero 7 Black that I updated to the latest firmware (v1.90 | November 25, 2019 at the time of writing), an iPhone 11 with the latest version of GoPro app for IOS (v6.7 3515 at the time of writing) and a quite slow WiFi connection with 1Mbps upload rate. The camera was connected directly to the power outlet without the battery. For RTMP url I used this Twitch Ingest rtmp://live-fra05.twitch.tv/app/{stream_key} that I found here: https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/. The video resolution was 720p. I had a 128gb micro sd card in the camera but it was not used because I did not selected the "save a copy" to the sd card option.

I don't have a Facebook account neither I have 1K+ subsribers on Youtube to test, but I do confirm that streaming uninterrupted for more that 1 hour is possible using RTMP in my case.

40428AEA-290D-4438-A178-58729D23810D-2020_03_11-17_44_42.392000.png
Highlighted
Hiker

@newbies82 wrote:

My new Hero 7 Black arrived today and I ran into this message board by accident while searching for tips from the community.
I bought the camera for the sole purpose of low budget live streaming from a lecture hall. Reading all these complaints made me cold sweat because all lectures last longer that 1 hour.

Gladly in my first test I managed to do a 1 and a half hour of streaming on Twitch without any errors or disconnects. I ended the streaming myself by pressing the stop button. So maybe they fixed the problem or I just got extremely lucky.

For my test I used my Hero 7 Black that I updated to the latest firmware (v1.90 | November 25, 2019 at the time of writing), an iPhone 11 with the latest version of GoPro app for IOS (v6.7 3515 at the time of writing) and a quite slow WiFi connection with 1Mbps upload rate. The camera was connected directly to the power outlet without the battery. For RTMP url I used this Twitch Ingest rtmp://live-fra05.twitch.tv/app/{stream_key} that I found here: https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/. The video resolution was 720p. I had a 128gb micro sd card in the camera but it was not used because I did not selected the "save a copy" to the sd card option.

I don't have a Facebook account neither I have 1K+ subsribers on Youtube to test, but I do confirm that streaming uninterrupted for more that 1 hour is possible using RTMP in my case.

Yes. See my old post, i use restreaming server for fix that. But GoPro7 still have problem with Youtube. We buy gopro7 for youtube streaming but now i need pay more 10$ per month for restreaming service, that bullshjt 

Highlighted
Tourist

Still happens on the Hero8 Black! 😞
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @keitha58137

This has been shared with the team and we are waiting for new updates.

In the meantime, you may stream via RTMP.

See How to live stream from your GoPro  for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

hello,
i got the same problem, when will be update with fix pack ? it's horrible because i'm streaming dj sets.

pekin
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @pekin0100. Have you been able to live stream using RTMP? See if it helps. You may refer to How to live stream from your GoPro for reference.