Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

Is there any update yet? About to go on a ride from the uk to norway and purchased the hero 7 to steam. If not addressed may just return and use mobile instead.. losing faith with gopro after every release just gets worse. Still havent fixed the **bleep** go pro app on pc! It's the slowest, jank piece of rubbish I've ever used! And after all this time no fixes. It does t even let me access my hero 7! So simply dont use it now! Sorry for rant but these are all issues that should be addressed straight away when people are spending over £300 on a camera..
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bluedawn6400. Thank you for the feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience. We do not have an update particularly for the hour-long live stream. 

If the Quik on your computer still not detect media from your HERO7 Black, try inserting the SD card directly instead. This should allow Quik to detect your camera's footage. You might also want to explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro media. Add to the list the new version of Quik for mobile app. Here's how to create videos using the mobile app. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

Well is this at least being worked on? This is essentially the only reason I invested in another gopro for this capability which I now know is useless.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in the same boat. Only thing I can add it's not a data bandwidth signal strength issue which support seems to think it is. If people are having that issue it wouldnt happen at home on wifi. I live stream to twitch for hours without a problem, I also live stream from my phone for hours with no problems even if I lose signal, streamlabs simply puts a place holder image on stream till you regain signal and away you go again. Just seems like such a silly issue to have that's ultimately going to make people take back there hero 7's! By all means I can link you footage of me out on a motorcycle streaming, when it works its solid and beats my phone hands down especially with image stabilization. But the 30mins to an hour cut off is useless.
Highlighted
Hiker

Yeah, 7 month from my first post about that problem and GoPro not yet fix that. This is last gopro device i bought

Highlighted
Tourist

I wanted to use a GoPro for 24/7 livestreaming. After I saw that it doesn't work I took a RaspberryPi as Video-Proxy for streaming. It works quite good depending on the network for 2-3 days, after that the GoPro Software hangs (image stabilization heavenly shaking). But that would be ok. You can test my efforts on your own RaspberryPi (3+), code is on GitHub. It's not finished, but it works if you wake the camera with you phone (preview stream on the App) and then everything works.

Start the stream from Adelbach only doesn't work right now, but could be fixed shurely. I switched to the Raspberry Camera Module for my demand so development got slow… 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

how many resolution are there from video on that method? It maybe using Preview stream on gopro app.

This solution is good for gopro6,5... But on gopro7 have livestream function with HD streaming and easy for use,That's why I bought it.

My temporary solution is using cast.io for restreaming to youtube (with 9,9$/month), very easy to use.

My second temporary solution (FREE) is setup local rtmp server on computer/raspberry... It canbe restream to multiple service (facebook, youtube, twitch....) Im using https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server , but if want stream to Youtube under 1000 Subs need some modification (https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server/issues/232#issuecomment-514464037), change metadata Creator from Gopro to OBS Studio or something. Maybe Youtube blacklisted gopro as mobile device lol.

Anyone want to test my private restream server, contact me as vutn0911 at gmail.com

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes this uses the preview stream. Image quality wasn't very important for me, I forgot to mention. I believe it's 480p but with many artefacts, which would be ok to me. That's the reason the raspi camera module is ok also.

Your setup sounds interesting! But it also drops after 66min or so, right?

Highlighted
Hiker

It's not drop after 1 hour, i use it for ~3hour restream to youtube ok. And more, if got drop (because internet problem),I just need to stream it again, the viewer is only interrupted a bit