Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

Are there any updates on this issue? The app update was clearly useless since the GoPro streams independenly once started from the app - even if the phone is disconnected it will continue, but stop just after 1 hour. Overheating is definitely not the issue since it stops at the same time for everyone, and can be resumed immediately, albeit under a new stream. I have powered my 7 Black via USB and removed the battery so it barely gets warm, but the stream still stops at the same time. Are the GoPro engineers even working on this issue?

In general, it seems as if there is a large disconnect between the detailed symptoms users describe and what is passed along. Most are told any issue boils down to an old firmware version or app, an incompatible micro sd card, or overheating, yet in most cases this is clearly not the issue. I would strongly recommend something like uservoice so that people can track issues and avoid various threads which seem to go nowhere. At least tell us if an issue is not being considered due to complexity or is out of the scope of the product, rather than remaining silent.

Tourist

This is a great post Superboost.  Would be really helpful if mariustanya would come back to address what GoPro's next step is going to be to correct this bug with their product, since the update to the app was clearly not the soultion.  If GoPro has decided that they don't want to allocate resources to addres this flaw, than please let us know and issue us refunds.  Don't string us along until our warranty runs out.

Highlighted
Tourist

Situation is more worst.  None of streams doesn't work.  Camera start stream, but Youtube can't receive anythig.  Factory reset not help, new account, no help, new phone, no help.  Looks like streaming option is totally broken.   

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @superboost60566, @hipnix, and  @hannuk0. Thank you for your feedback. The issue on interrupted live stream after an hour and a few minutes (which we were able to observe too), as well as the more recent issue of not being able to stream to YouTube (as @hannuk0 described) have been reported to the teams in charge. We have not heard back from them yet but rest assured that we will update this thread (and other related ones) once we have new information. 

YouTube has recently made a change in mobile live streaming requirements (see Getting Started With Live Streaming , scroll down to the bottom of the page for link and details). The team is looking into this one as well. We appreciate you providing your input and we'll definitely keep you posted. 

Thanks! 

Tourist

1000 subscribers minimum...are you kidding me?  Anyway to return my Hero Black for a Silver and get a refund for the difference? I think Google may have just killed your product.

Sightseer

Im also having this problem! After around 65 minutes of being Live my GoPro just cuts out and the iPad app says that the GoPro servers have disconnected me???
SO SO frustrated please sort this out!!
Tourist

What power source did you use? Asking as I know recording stops once your camera is charging and I need to livestream a >3 hour event.

Thank you in advance

Tourist

I use normal power pack. In May camera visit service center and now it works only 15 to 30 min.  Problem is overheting. Normal case, power pack, HD, wifi remote =  problems.  If you set sd quality, no wifi stream and no wifi remote, MAYBE it works that 3 hours. But don't expect miracles.