Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

As much as hate to do this, going to use my sling studio.   It works flawlessly on doing live stream and can do up to 4-5 cameras at once and they can be about any good camera.     Gopro will get enough complaints hopefully to fix this bug, but until then i can't keep waiting for lackluster support. 

Tourist

Just ran a test with gopro Hero black 7 again with live streaming.  This time tried Facebook.    SAME RESULTS, check out picture. Went to about 1:05 hours and then stream stopped.     Now that it's done with both youtube and facebook, has to be issue with Gopro.    Not sure what else to do, this thread is pretty big and everyone seems to have same issue.  I wish support would just run some tests.  Take a gopro black 7 and stream live to facebook and to youtube, 3-4 times and report back results with proof.     

Regardless, during my testing, had network disruption again and stream stopped, and fact can't pause stream pretty much makes what i need to do useless.     

I took my slingstudio and connected with cameralink wirelessly and streamed live to youtube and facebook for 3 hours each, no issues.  So definitely a gopro issue.    

I love these gopro's, have 4 Hero 4 black with modified lens from back-bone, and 2 new hero black stock that was hoping this streaming would work reliably.     Prob will have to go look for another camcorder or camera that can stream without busting and allow you to pause stream and reconnect if issue.  Sling does that flawlessly, if lose connection reconnects, if lose camera just doesn't show anything in stream.

If anyone solves let me know

thanks

Roberto

liveStream-GoPro-ToFacebook.png
Sightseer

I am having exactly the same problem stops just passed one hour and 4 minutes.
used 2 different i phones and an ipad.
on a 3rd hotspot device.
i also agree with a previous post regarding a pause button and not saving stream settings.
i use this for my grandaughters softball. My son is a pro with apple products and runs a global IT department.
i am a programmer so we are both very comfortable around network issues.
YouTube states a 7 hour streaming limitation so unless it is some configuration issue i have not found it must be in the camera.
the time is a definite clue because it seems as though its at it's at 01:04:xx for every post i have found and since its also happening to people streaming to FaceBook the only common factor is GoPro.
i have not tested with android because i could not get it set up in time the last time i needed it but with 2 different iphones and an Ipad having the same issue im still leaning to GoPros as the problem
Tourist

I have the same problem. My GoPro7 was disconnected youtube live steamings at 1hour 4~5minute every time.
I did firmware update manualy and I used two diffent wifi by samsung glaxy s8+.
But I had same results.

I also really do hope that this problem will be fixed soon.
GoPro

Hi Everyone!

We are still working on the reported issue.

Apologies for any troubles caused.

I will be posting an update on this thread as soon as I get additional information.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Ej, a free hint: why would you not get one these faulty cameras to your support? You could isolate if if is a hardware bug of some batch, or a general software bug. We are from same junior sports team with Hannu and happy to send our cameras to your testing. We have two units doing the same fault.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We are releasing an update to address the crashing/connection issues.

Please continue to check our website for information. 

Software Update Release Information

I will continue to monitor this thread.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I've go the same issue.  Stops recording softball game after approx an hour.  Have you released the update?  Not seeing it in the link you provided.