Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Go Pro 7 Black Live Stream Youtube 1 hours

Hello Everyone. We appreciate the tests you performed and the details you shared. We have forwarded this to our team so they can replicate and see what could be causing such an issue. We will update this thread once we hear back from them. Thanks!

Tourist

with 1.70  sw same problems. Cut off abour 1:03 . Some time I have to reset camera (battery off) to start stream again.  Sometimes it start again nicely.   

Sightseer

After hours trying to get a superviser on tech support, Liam (superviser) said he had never of the issue which means that he was lying or that there's horrible communication within the company.

Either way I'm sick of their crap and am returing the camera and investing in a live stream set up that works.

GoPro

Hi Everyone!

I am really sorry for any troubles caused.

We are still working on the issue.

Once we have additional information, we'll get this thread updated.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

@ymsphilly wrote:

After hours trying to get a superviser on tech support, Liam (superviser) said he had never of the issue which means that he was lying or that there's horrible communication within the company.

Either way I'm sick of their crap and am returing the camera and investing in a live stream set up that works.

Try my way for waiting update.

Use restream.io (free for youtube) with Live event option and i got longer time

Highlighted
Hiker

Please use Video mode setting for video stream.

I set Liner, 24 fps at video mode, but on video live stream use Wide or superview mode and 50 fps

Tourist

i've had EXACT same issue and have tried everything.

Got hold of support and told me had to do manual upgrade, not from APP. Made zero sense and as expected this was useless info.  Camera was updated fine with latest firmware,  was waste of time doing it again manually.

I have been streaming baseball games.  works great, then about an hour into it, stream stops automatically and get same message that Live stream ended.   Tried everything. Bought new SD cards, formatted them, tried on a 2nd and 3rd Gopro Black camera, tried with and without saving high resolution video to Camera also.  Tried 3 hotspots (phone, Verizon Jetpack, and gigafiber network on my wifi),same result.  Started thinking and still maybe that could be youtube settings on live events.  Going to try facebook live next.

Hoping can read rest of this thread and see if anyone has resolution.   Ready to go to a non-gopro device like camcorder.  No one from Gopro support can give any good troubleshooting techniques other than reload firmware, restart camera, reformat SD card.  Surely, they could fire up their own gopro camera and see if it works.    

Also, #1  complaint even if this works is why in the world would you not have a "pause" button on the live stream.  If ANYTHING happens and lose connection for whatever reason, stream stops and have to completely start over.   What if want to pause event while inbetween innings in baseball or halftime, or whatever.  Just so silly not to have a pause live stream and a reconnect one if lost.      

Love gopro, always have, but seems latest offerings are a bit buggy

Tourist

Exactly, everyone reporting the same thing and Gopro says it works.