Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Glitchy video in blue light.

When I record in the presence of blue lights the video loos like glitches.

On the attached picture you can clearly see the left portion in red light looks normal in not very bright red light, but on the right, where the area is lit with blue the image looks glitchy. Is this a hardware problem with response to blue light?

Anything to remedy this? In Protune mode for example?

Image3.png
Nomad

Re: Glitchy video in blue light.

It's hard to say exactly since we don't know what you were recording, where you were recording it, or what your camera settings where.

Generally camera's don't do well in low light, some work better than others, but for the most part they require decent lighting.  

Also when compressing footage, the two colors that really get noticed with compression artifacts are both red and blue.  

Yes you can compensate by using the proper protune settings, but again, since I don't know what you're trying to shoot I can't really tell you what settings to use however a quick search on shooting in low light conditions may help you.  

So I really don't think you're seeing a glitch, I think the camera is just doing it's best in low light conditions.  You can always try to increase the ISO and EV compensation while reducing the frame rate (the lower the frame rate the brighter your picture will be, however this may lead to a fuzzy image in low light too).

Sightseer

A concert.

The camera reacts good in low light but only in red, green and white, in blue the portion is visibly damaged, as shown. I don't know if "glitch" is a perfect word, but you get the gist.

I use 25p already for the fps. But in the same conditions this result appears only in blue light, the same happens also in brighter light, but still blue.

Nomad

It may help to post some footage of what you captured, as then we can see how much light was available, if the GoPro should have been able to film in the conditions, etc.  Also include your camera settings (protune on or off, ISO settings, EV settings, etc).  Concerts are usually very low light events so without seeing footage, I can only assume that the light was too low for the camera.

Sightseer

I will try to extract some bits.

The protune was off.

Might be that the light was too low indoor, next time I will have to make sure they are illuminated properly.

Explorer

Upload unedited video to vimeo.com or YouTube and then embed the video into a reply post or just paste the link.

Small action camera sensor. Native White balance and flat color profile might help, but then you will need to color grade in post editing.
Sightseer

I will cut a small extract, I do not have the bandwidth to upload full 4GB file.