Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Glitch in video Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

So, this is the first time that this has happened to me, or at least the first time I've seen it

Firmware version is current 1.52

1080p 120fps

There is a glitch no matter how the file is viewed, and it is also present in the video uploaded directly to the gopro cloud.

SDCard used is 128gb PNY Elite-X, formatted with PC using and then formatted in camera before use.

VideoCapture_20210610-183552.jpg
Nomad

Re: Glitch in video Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

VideoCapture_20210610-183552_1.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@emn420, just to check, do you see the same results when viewing the media directly in the camera?

Nomad

[ New ]

The file uploaded from the camera is in my library at the following link

https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/JbqJXrVa0EX59

Let me know if I need to share the media or if this information is enough

Glitch occurs around 2:19 to 2:30 in the file

Nomad

[ New ]

@aenriquez 

Yes, I see the glitch while watching directly on camera

Nomad

[ New ]

I just formatted the card again in the camera and am now shooting a time-lapse of this evenings sunset with fingers crossed, I have never witnessed this issue before, however, I was previously using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb sdcard that was losing footage even though it appeared to be recording, so I have only been using the PNY Elite-X 128gb sdcard for a couple of weeks.

I have noticed different bugs and glitches between the 2 cards, so I'm sure that there has got to be an issue between firmware and sdcards, but I have no way of necessarily proving this, and I hope the upcoming firmware update addresses these issues.

Nomad

[ New ]