Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Glitch in software while recording...

So when I hit record and after about 10 seconds the picture freezes however the video continues and you can clearly hear the sound. Is the footage DOA? I recorded about 12 minutes unaware of this issue. When I went to review on the GoPro Max device it stopped. Then I uploaded it to my iPhone and it did the same thing.

This is very unreassuring. I hope this doesn't happen again :(

GoPro

Re: Glitch in software while recording...

Sorry to know that @jamess25127.

May I know what SD card are you using?

Try to use a recommended SD card and reset and/or update your camera's firmware manually. 

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

If issue persist please let us know or get in touch with GoPro Customer Support. 

-Jay

Hiker

The SD card I don't think is the issue (unless I have a weird defective card that only works sometimes) It's the one that comes free with the GoPro Max. The firmware is the latest unless GoPro released an update between Tuesday and today. 

It did record just fine the other times I recorded. This has only happened once so far. I just really hope this isn't a persistant issue. 

Hiker

The freezing  while in the middle of recording happened again. Picture freezes and only the audio is recording. 

I have formated the micro SD card to see if that helps the issue. If not GoPro needs to fix this issue as it's a BIG issue that needs to be addressed right away. I've already seen another person posting the same exact issue.

Adventurer

COuld you offer all your card  not just a sdxc card by Sandisk if that is the card you are  using.

Hiker

You mean the specs of the micro SD card?

If so it's 64GB U3 that can reach up to 100mb a sec of writing. It's also a "A2" which makes it fast enough run intense apps direction from the card. It's plenty for what the Max requires. However, the capacity falls short as 5.6k files are HUGE haha

GoPro

Hello @jamess25127.  If you haven't yet, try manually updating the camera firmware. Please do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. This process will help clear out any possible issue with the current installation. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!