Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gifted GoPro usage in different country and warranty/service info

Hi,

I am from India and I got GoPro as a gift which was bought in US. I would like to know about warranty information and service in case if something happens to my GoPro.

Any lead would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sivasankar 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gifted GoPro usage in different country and warranty/service info

Hi @hisivasankar

Very good question. Your GoPro product has a standard one-year warranty. And it does not matter where you are and where the product was purchased. For warranty claims though, you will be required to present a proof of purchase. Considering that the GoPro was given to you as a gift, you might want to secure a proof of purchase (or any alternate documentation of purchase) and keep it handy. 

For details on the Warranty Policy, you can check out this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Warranty-Information

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @hisivasankar

Very good question. Your GoPro product has a standard one-year warranty. And it does not matter where you are and where the product was purchased. For warranty claims though, you will be required to present a proof of purchase. Considering that the GoPro was given to you as a gift, you might want to secure a proof of purchase (or any alternate documentation of purchase) and keep it handy. 

For details on the Warranty Policy, you can check out this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Warranty-Information

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Hi, @mariustanya,

Thanks for the quick response. It was bought on Amazon. So will Amazon purchase order help?

Thanks,

Sivasankar

GoPro

Hi @hisivasankar,

Yes that will work as a proof of purchase for warranty. Hope that helps.

Best,

Ryan