Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gauges not working on Quik

[ New ]

I have a 2018 iMac Desktop. Using the Quik software. Have GoPro 8 Black. 

Recorded all my videos outdoors with GPS turned ON. 

Downloaded videos to QUIK. 

Now the Gauges function does not work. It tells me to make sure GPS was on and so on. 

GPS was on. Still shows it was on.

How do I get this to work.

Thanks

Backpacker

Re: Gauges not working on Quik

[ New ]

Quik doesn't support Gauges with the GoPro Hero 8.

If you want Gauges, either use the GoPro app for Android and iOS, or wait for GoPro to release Mural for windows.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank You sir.

I was perplexed because guages works on my buddies PC. Whatever software he's using on PC for his GoPro's.

Do I need a PC instead of a MAC?

Tourist

[ New ]

THANK YOU Sir

My buddy was guages working on his PC already. Don't know the software he's using. Have to find out. 

Any hope for Mac software to run guages?

Backpacker

[ New ]

Is your buddy using a GoPro Hero 8?  

Did he use an additional program like GPStelemtry extractor before importing the footage into QUIK?

As I said, QUIK doesn't support gauges with the Hero 8, in fact if you notice, GoPro have taken down the links to QUIK at this point as they are no longer supporting it (it's now discontinued/legacy software).

GoPro have a new video editor coming out that will hopefully support gauges, however there's no timeline on this.  Rumor has it that the software is complete and they are just finalizing/trouble shooting it, however like I said, no timeline yet.

Adventurer

[ New ]

GoPro made it quite clear about their desktop today but  will not let people know publically?

Untitled.png

Backpacker

[ New ]

Again, bad communication by GoPro.

This is just saying "Somethings coming..." but when?  2021?  2022?  

Dear God GoPro....  please be more on the ball with this.  Having a beta group for the Windows reframe player... GREAT IDEA!  People are actively giving feedback and testing for you.  Having a beta group for the GoPro App.... GREAT IDEA!  People are actively contributing and saying what they want the app to do and GoPro have been great about the feedback and communication.

However being so tight lipped about Mural?  All GoPro 8 and "Quik" users know is that Quik doesn't work with their new camera and Quik is no longer available for download....   For a company that did a great job of getting people to anticipate the release of the GP8, how come you're doing such a terrible job with Mural?

Give people a bit more of a timeline, even if that date shifts, give them something!  Also drop hints at what your software can do to build some excitement.  God knows how far it would go if you included the tag line "You asked, we listened.....".  

Adventurer

[ New ]

As you read as well  

GoPro

Re: GPS gauges not available

Hi @activestar81433

Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera.

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.

In the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

You may also check this thread https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

Thanks!

Ej

Backpacker

[ New ]

Yes well I also remember a post where "someone" may have let something slip as to the state of the software's current build.  At the end of the day it all boils down to GoPro just doing a bad job of managing this roll out and leaving users in the lurch.

Build excitement, get people looking forward to it.......   you don't even need an expensive marketing team to do that for you, you can even use word of mouth or guerrilla marketing.  Staying silent though?  Their current message?  Horrible idea... 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks everyone for the clarification. Very helpful
Nomad

[ New ]

Some alternatives to edit your videos with gauges on PC here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

For example, convert your videos with the (paid) GPS Quick FIx app and create the gauges in Quik. Or extract the GPS data and add the overlays in Virb Edit or Dashware. Or create a custom overlay in After Effects (for advanced users)