Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GPS

Tried everything to get data on the Gauges.

Switching on and waiting for 5 mins before recording,checking the GPS symbol is solid white.

Nothing I have done has worked.

Is this a fault with the camera and therefore claim for a replacement under guarantee or a problem that GoPro are addressing?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GPS

Same thing here. I was out this past weekend with my new 8, my 7 and my 5.  Had all three starting and stoping at the same time.  The 7 and 5 both have GPS data but the 8 did not.  I actually just returned that camera because I had a trade in to get a better price.  Haven't gone out with the new one yet but I'll let you know when I do.

Highlighted
Nomad

In many cases the problem is in the Quik desktop software, not the camera. You can check if the camera recorded a GPS signal at all here: https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/

But keep in mind that if the GPS signal is no good enough (which happens A LOT) Quik will just ignore it so as to not show a wrong gps path, speed, etc.

Highlighted
Hiker

Many thanks Kajuna,the telemetry extractor shows all of the Gauges do in fact work,I assume it must be a fault/glitch in the GoPro Quik program.

It's reassuring to know the Hero 8 is not faulty.

Many thanks again

Regards

Gavin Philp

Highlighted
Adventurer

glad to know quick is the issue on win 10  try the app on the phone  to see if it at least  shows stickers.

Highlighted
Tourist

So are you saying that Quik has a problem with the Hero 8 only?  I don't have this problem with my two 5s and my 7.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Jetskierorl,I don't have this problem with my Hero 7 black when using the Gauges on Quik.It runs without fault.That's what is making me think there must be incompatibilities with Hero 8 and Quik.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Fishycomics,On the GoPro phone app,stickers/gauges are all there on the GoPro8 camera,any one can be selected and impossed in the clip.

Regards

Gavin