Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GPS trouble

I’ve had my Hero 5 for a year now and right out of the gate it worked great. The GPS and Quik worked great. Now I can’t get a GPS signal. I’ve done a manual firmware installation. Left the camera outside for an hour (no obstructions, was sitting in a wide open farm field) and still nothing. Base of camera was not on any object other than a tripod. Tried turning GPS off and on several times and did several factory resets and nothing. I am using one of the GoPro recommended memory cards also.I like to think I’ve exhausted the majority of the options suggested on here and as well as various other forums. I feel the camera may be defective. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron
Adventurer

Re: GPS trouble

reflash firmware that should help clear out the issue? have you at least tried that?

Sightseer

Yes if by reflash you mean download onto SD card and turn the camera on and let it go through it’s cycle...
Sightseer

The same problem I have synonymous, the GPS is turned on but the icon remains gray! I have been out several times for more than 1 hour now, it always stays gray.

GoPro

Hello @sweetflame2208 @aliencopter

If the same happens after the manual software update, please contact our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej