Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GPS on gopro hero 7 black

I'm on my second hero 7 black and they both had the same problem with the GPS and tracking the speed I'm doing for example I was standing still and the camera was tracking me doing 158 mph
Any help on sorting this ISSUE?
GoPro

Re: GPS on gopro hero 7 black

Hi @quickpeak8610,

If you already tried resetting the camera and install a firmware manually you can try to contact our customer support team so that they can investigate. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Hiker

I had the same problems with my two HERO6s and they were never resolved.  The problems were constant even under good conditions with my HERO5 working jut fine close by.  I tried having the 5 off in case it was interferring with the 6, updating to the latest firmware for the 6, doing a Factory Reset, changing video settings, etc. but nothing helped and the HERO5s still work just fine for GPS.

Tourist

Hi mate
So did get any solution for it?
Thanks
Hiker

Unfortunately not.  I still have the HERO6 because I kept it too long to return it while trying to get it to work but now it just sits unused and I only use my two HERO5s.  I'll probably just have to sell it at a loss to someone who doesn't care about the GPS functionality for how they will use the camera.