Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GPS not working with Quik desktop

What is the status of this issue? I just picked up the Hero 7 Black and GPS functions will not work on the desktop app. Says "No GPS Data" but when I view clips in the mobile app I can use the guages but not save the video.

Highlighted
Tourist

GOPRO Hero 5

The GPS signal on the camera lights up.

The DASHWARE sees GPS data.

GoPro Quik : NO GPS DATA!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi Everyone!

We are still working on the GPS issue.

In the meantime, you may use other applications such as RaceRender and Dashware.

We'll get this thread updated as soon as we have additional  information.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I've tested the problem further.

In Quik's source code, you should look at whether there is an exposure to the sensed satellites.

I noticed that if the camera is continuously turned on, the quik sees the GPS data in the older recording.
I suspect that if the camera does not see enough satellite, quik assumes no GPS data.

However, the camera indicates that there is a GPS connection because the GPS icon is on.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@leranta ,

If camera dosen't see enough satellite, quik assumes no GPS data. WHY the same video on GoPro App on iOS can read the GPS information, and why Racerender can read the GPS data? I believe this is Quik's bug..... and the same issue happens again and again.

Highlighted
Tourist

It can't be related.

The camera's GPS working correct, because Mobile's Quik version (in my situation Android) without problems adding GPS Gauges with right values/speed. So the camera working OK and video generated with all needed values.

The problem exists on Desktop's Quik versions only.

Highlighted
Hiker

Pois é, tenho a Hero 5 e sempre funcionou perfeitamente, depois que lançaram essa bomba de Hero 7 agora o programa

não funciona mais pra nenhuma, e quando funciona as informações ficam fora de sincronismo, achei em outro tópico

pra usar o Dashware, mas fica tudo fora de sincronosmo, e se tentar arrumar ferra ainda mais o sincronismo, vê se arrumem

isso aí, senão teremos que partir pra Sony!!!!

Highlighted
Adventurer

3 hero 7  I now just grab the hero 6 if I need guages done   thanks gopro you are the best. (sarcasm)