Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GPS delay_location and speed comes after the actual video(GoPro8 Hero)

[ New ]

I bought GPS Quick Fix for GoPro software the other day for activating the GPS data. I recorded car circuit driving with GPS on and GPS overlay worked ok, but there always was 20~30-second of GPS delay to the actual car location and speed. For example when the car runs at the highest speed on one straight of the circuit track, GPS shows it on the other end and at fairly slow speed.

I'm looking for a way to adjust the data to get the video and GPS data aligned. And I believe there should be a way to fix it for free rather than another software purchase, hopefully.

Thank you,

Nomad

Re: GPS delay_location and speed comes after the actual video(GoPro8 Hero)

[ New ]

What version of Quik are you using? The latest one (2.7.0.xxx) will produce this problem in some videos. You can solve it by installing version 2.5.0 which can be found in the GPS Quick Fix instructions manual. It is recommended to back up your video files before you change Quik versions, just in case.

Tourist

Re: GPS delay_location and speed comes after the actual video(GoPro8 Hero)

[ New ]

hi, you are correct that Quik version was 2.7.0.** and I just tried as you instructed. ver.2.5.** seems to be working perfectly!! Thanks so much, you saved me.