Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GPS Not Working - Hero 9

[ New ]

Is there anyway to get the telemetry data/GPS (Gauges) to work in Quik with a Hero 9? I just bought a Hero 9 Black but when I try to add Guages in Quik I am told it wasn't enabled (it is). 

GoPro

Re: GPS Not Working - Hero 9

[ New ]

@thenotoriousdrj, to record GPS data, your GoPro needs to lock onto a GPS satellite signal. Check out this article for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the article. I had the GPS on and I was shooting outside with a good GPS satellite lock on my Garmin InReach, so I’m pretty sure the GoPro should have had good satellite lock also. I shot video for an hour, I get back and review the footage in Quick on my MacBook and I try to apply Gauges and they are all grated out and I get the standard statement.
GoPro

[ New ]

@thenotoriousdrj, I see. Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO9 Black camera. In the meantime, the GoPro Quik on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

Tourist

[ New ]
Ahhh. Thanks. That complicates things but I can work with it. Thanks.
GoPro

[ New ]

@thenotoriousdrj, there's also a user-shared suggestion in this thread that you can check out. Let us know if anything else comes up.