Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GPS Data

GoPro Support HUB,  please help us...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi all, 

I do assure you that the files themselves are recorded. If you've got a Mac, you can take a picture (with GPS on), open the picture in Preview, use Command+i and see the GPS data in the info section, if you'd like to test it. To my understanding, the GPS data should show up in Adobe Lightroom, Google Photos and other softwares that use GPS data to organize media. I haven't tested on those platforms, but that is the information that I've been able to find. 

GPS is used solely for organization of media at the present moment. 

I definitely understand the frustration with the lack of information about this feature. I'll continue looking to see if I can find more official tutorials to post here in the Community.

Highlighted
Hiker

It's not difficult for gopro developer to record and store a simple gpx files...it could be enought
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

UPdate

single jpg has gps data , but video is blank

still sucks and still false advertising

Highlighted
Anonymous

I use IOs, and when i dowload photos or videos using "Capture" they does no have GPS info.  Please resolve that problem. 

It doesnt happend when I dowload the microSD directly to my Mac, without using any GoPro software. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The GPS data is there, but its embedded in the file.

GoPro needs to do somethign diffrent with this.  The way it was impelemented was horrible.  It needs to be accessable like the Garmin Virb allows you to do.  

Highlighted
Anonymous

More than dissapointed that the availability of GPS data which was a key selling point to me is actually untrue. GoPro will you take my camera back please.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm really pissed about the GPS feature; I already owned a go pro; Bought the 5 SPECIFICALLY for capturing this data in my race car. I can see it in Quik, but not in the better editing program that I need to use (GoPro Studio).  I'd return the camera if that was an option as I'm $600+ canadian more poor and I'm no further ahead.  Paul