Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GPH5 rode mic no audio?

@danielr15 Im not giving attitude if you are taking it as such. I was stating that what @fishycomics was asking me for was mentioned in my previous posts.Having someone ask you if you tried every possible option when it was already mentioned makes it seem like either they didnt read that I tried those steps before.I stated these things to prevent people from asking all the same questions again. The time and money I spent was all from what is recommended right here on the gopro website mentioning to use adaptors specific to rode mics.I did this to not leave any doubt that I havent missed a step in eliminating a possible piece I would need or setting or procedure so that when I contact gopro..nothing is left to chance as I looked at every thread pertaining to this issue and using all recommend items. I didnt want to contact gopro to have them tell me in a 5 min phone call to just try another mic or gopro adaptor..only to call back again and then be told..to make sure to turn the camera on first..then press record and call back.

With that said, having all my testing done before calling into gopro via live chat was still a 2hr session to determine the camera is defective.I had them linked to this thread which answered every question the rep had to ask me for his check list and went a few steps further by doing a memory card test.They originally thought my memory card was not supported..I had to show that its listed directly on the site here and I have 2 memory cards to try and the end result remained the same.It took awhile but we were able to work out that the date of purchase to the date the camera was delivered and registered I will be able to make a warranty claim.I had to prove I just bought these external mics and adaptors and that the camera upto this point has been flawless and I would not have discovered an issue sooner.Im not trying to cheat gopro of giving me a new camera a yr later when its just about to or came out of warranty.

Tourist

@fishycomics I saw a few videos regarding the positive click when plugging in the rode mics.I noticed it the very first time I tried it vs other mics.Its quite audible and you see how flush it is when seated correctly.Hopefully when i get a new camera the troubles will be over and I will have better audio recordings with my videos.

Explorer

Good luck to you with the new camera. I hope it works out for you. After all the trouble shooting you did, you certainly deserve to have it working without issue.

I certainly get your frustration. I think it was the line about GoPro not going to fix the issue that tilted me. All my best.
Adventurer

Troubleshooting starts at the begining and End and somewhere  the trouble will meet?   A Simple phone got this resolved with no Grief. that is what GoPro is about. not Hassles ?

Keep the thread posted.  Happy for ya.  Glad I was able to be some what of a Help.

FISH

Tourist

Wow FishyComics! I’ve been struggling with this issue for a while now. I can get my iPhone headphones to record with the mic adapter, but not the Saramonic Mic. If the camera doesn’t react to the adapter being connected, that means the adapter is bad?
Adventurer

You betcha.

Stay stoked.

Tourist

I’m totally stoked. I managed to fix it!
As I was preparing to contact support, I decided to look for a firmware update. Yup!!!
And it’s fixed!!!!!!! Woohoo!
Adventurer

totally Awesome!