Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GPH3 Wifi problems

Hi all,

GoPro Hero 3 White
Latest firmware

Capture iPhone app
Latest update

Basically I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for this or is experiencing the same problem.
When I connect the iPhone or iPad (doesn't matter which but only one at a time) to the GPH3 via wifi, all is fine. I can erase the MicroSD & do all the rest of the settings.

When I go to record, it'll only record one of 3 time lengths. So either 36 seconds, 2m49s or 13m47s. It's random to which one it picks & once it's finished it'll stop recording. When I click record on the iPhone again it does the same.

If I turn wifi off and press record manually with the button it has zero problems whatsoever. Both tests are done with the power cable plugged in for constant power and with just the battery till either the battery runs out or the card is full.

I've tried forcing a wifi / firmware update on it. Both firmware on its own, then wifi, then wifi/firmware.

I've tried various brands of SD cards.

It's a problem with the wifi. Somehow it doesn't like recording on wifi.

Anyone got any help?

Thanks,
Jamie

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GPH3 Wifi problems

@jamiek30763 - That is unusual and I'm not sure I've heard of that issue before. Not sure standard troubleshooting is going to be able to address this, so I'd recommend contacting our Support team directly at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can work directly with you on this.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GPH3 Wifi problems

@jamiek30763 - That is unusual and I'm not sure I've heard of that issue before. Not sure standard troubleshooting is going to be able to address this, so I'd recommend contacting our Support team directly at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can work directly with you on this.

Thanks,

Jeff