Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GP8 + Media Mod + Elgato CamLink 4K outputs 480p60 on hdmi!

[ New ]

Hi,
Need help concerning my Gopro that outputs only 480p60 on the hdmi output of the Media Mod. Since the firmware version 1.6 i can no longer choose the hdmi output format and therefore the camera decides for me....
I've seen people on youtube succesfuly using their Gopro in the same configuration and have better quality than me (1080p60).
Anyone can help me please?

GoPro

Re: GP8 + Media Mod + Elgato CamLink 4K outputs 480p60 on hdmi!

[ New ]

Hello, @victorb16017. If you haven't yet, update the camera firmware to the latest version (v2.50). See if this makes a difference. For reference on HDMI outputs, see Media Mod - HDMI Output

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi there, i already have the latest version on the gopro. (2.50)
I have called the technical support of gopro and they said that they will be working on this issue to try to recreate it. Are you aware of this internal ticket and this is the solution you have found??

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rapidmesa7673

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We'll have your case checked with the team.

Were you able to check the Elgato CamLink or the OBS settings?

Check out the setup steps when using a capture card on https://gopro.com/en/no/news/how-to-use-gopro-for-webcam

Have you tried using a different platform?

Do you observe the same when using the camera with the Webcam app?

Thanks!

Ej