Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GP 7 black is draining when it is switched Off

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem... already updated.. the 1-23-19 update.. everything off... goes dead in a week... now it is somewhat better as the camera on the previous firmware the screen on the right side would flicker bad !! i have had almost every go pro... this should not be an issue 3 months after release... lock up issues happen with every new camera... then a firmware release... why is the battery draining ???? i have many batteries from the 6.. still drianing them also... 

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem with my new GP7 black. (with latest 1.70 fw installed)

Drains aprox 10-15% per day (when camera turned off)

Also strange behavior on internal clock. It freeze when I turn off camera. The clock only goes when it turned on. Tested with different bataries and SD cards, same issue.

Steps to reproduse:

* To camera on and set current date/time

* Turn off camera fo 10 minutes

* Turn back, it shows time from first step

Best Regards

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @dimuskin. Thank you for the details that you provided. Have you been able to test for battery life through performing the steps here https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Short-Record-Times ? Have a go at the steps, if you haven't yet. If you get a battery life that is significantly shorter than the expected, let our Support team know so they can walk you through further troubleshooting. Their contact information is at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Highlighted
Tourist

Really? Are you kidding me?! Do you read at least one post in this thread?! Its not a problem with battery life during using GoPro, but problem with battery life when GP is switched OFF!

I have 2 GP7 Blacks, on both I have older FW 1.61 and its OK, but when I tried FW 1.70 I had many problems (YES I HAVE ORIGINAL BATTERIES - 4pcs, YES I HAVE RECOMENDED CARD AND FORMATED IN CAMERA, YES ALL FUNCTIONS WAS TURNED OFF - VOICE, GPS ETC)