Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GP 7 black is draining when it is switched Off

You can reach our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs if you'd like us to do individual troubleshooting on your camera.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I am suffering EXACTLY the same issue.

Last fw, everything OFF (wireless, quik capture, voice control, GPS) and my new hero 7 drains 8-10 per night.

I tried to update manually, factory reset, sd formatting again but same result.

Sd is an approved one.

Actually yesterday I left it at 55% and 30 hours later was completely depleted! 0%

@tomasm38460Did you find any solution? Is this a Fw or Hw related problem?

I bought it in amazon so I have asked for a replacement. As soon as I received I'll test with its original Fw (1.5.1) instead of upgrading it just in case.

I have also contacted gopro support but they are asking about how many minutes does it record before it dies which in turn is normal (I get around 90 min of 1080/60).

Any idea?

Hiker

I have the same problem in GoPro Hero 7 Silver (in addition, I can not remove the battery). I've only been using it for four days, the battery was with a charge when I bought it, but after the first charge in about eight hours she lost about 14 when it was off and with everything disconnected.

I have followed all the GoPro recommendations.

(Translated with google translator).

Hiker

By the way. All my test were with 1.6.1 fw.

I have just noticed that there is a new 1.7.

I'll try it!

Any hint? Does it fix this issue?

Regards

Hiker

I did update my GP7 with the new firmware 1.70 last night and same draining problem,i lost 10% in 9 hours,i feel its even faster now

Tourist

@alexm56644  I tried everything ! But didnt find solution. I also contacted gopo support directly and they told me they give me replacement camera  (after battery test mine result was samething around 2 hours). But I had warranty in eshop (where I obught camera) so I puted it on claim and after 3 weeks they gave me new camera with new battery (made in china ..... My first battery was made in Vietnam).

This second camera has exactly the same issue like my first......All that things like turned off gps wifi voice controll quick capture etc. , formating sd card, updating new firmware manualy i have tried...

@jefft  what is wrong with GP hero 7 black cameras????

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@supermesa1470 wrote:

I did update my GP7 with the new firmware 1.70 last night and same draining problem,i lost 10% in 9 hours,i feel its even faster now

Wow. These are very bad news. I had some hope...

I'll try anyway.

By the way, what about older fw? Did the 1.5 FW had the same problem?

Hiker

When i got my GP7 it was the fw 1.51,than i put the 1.61 and finally the 1.70 and same thing,i have a battery made in Vietnam,if i take out the battery out of the camera,the drain is very low(and thats normal ,battery lose some % through time not being used)as soon i put it back its draining down ,i do feel like the previous post if i ask for an exchange i'll get the same problem,so i dont know