Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GP 7 black is draining when it is switched Off

Same thing on my new Hero 7 black buddy, you're not alone trust me.

I am running latest 1.70 fw and all typical things are off or disabled like voice, WiFi, GPS, etc etc.

I also locked it to landscape modejust in case a gyro sensor was the culprit but it still drains far too fast for an isolated camera that is meant or designed to be turned 'off'.

Not very impressed with it so far I have to say.

Highlighted
Hiker

I too am having this problem. Has anyone had their GoPro replaced? Is the battery drain still a problem with the replacement unit? I have read here in the forum about doing a manual forced firmware update even though I already did one wirelessly through the app. Has anyone done that and seen the battery drain issue go away? I just wonder if it’s a software or hardware problem. My thought is maybe software because sometimes I can leave the GP a week w/o usage and the battery is fine while other times it will drain a fresh battery overnight.   

Sightseer

I have a some issue as you guys. GP7Black with firmware 1.70, microSD Samsung EVO Plus 128GB and when I charge battery in GP in one day to 100% then I am not able to switch it on day after as the battery is dead. When I charge it again on 100%, then put the batter out of the GP and then put it back after 2 days or so the battery is fully charged. So I think problem is the GP itself.

Also it does not matter if GPS and WiFi is turned on or off. Voice control is off also.

Hiker

I don't charge the battery inside of the H7B. I bought the GP supercharger and when I put in a fresh battery, sometimes it's good for a few days of inactivity and sometimes it depletes overnight. BTW I have the SanDisk Extreme that is listed as compatible. I do hope for a fix. Otherwise love the camera.

Tourist

Hi. Since I updated Hero 7 Black to latest 1.70 fw i have exactly same problem. Everything is turned off, but fully charged battery is empty over the night. I have 2 batteries, one from China, second from Vietnam. It does it on both of them. Both are less then month old. On FW 1.61 it was ok...
Tourist

Did somebody know, how to roll back FW back to 1.61?

GoPro

Hi @pitrscz,

Sorry to know that. 

Have you tried checking if the Wireless Connection and wake up on voice command is on?

Turning off that function might help.

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

Of course. Problem is in FW 1.70 because when I switched it back to 1.61 then its OK