Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GP 7 Black makes me look like a cartoon.

I have GP3+, 2018, black, session black, and just got a 7 black and it is by far the worst picture quality for filiming a talking head shot. 

I mount it to my plane and it looks great. Me talking with 2 large soft boxes and a ring light and I look posterized and cartoonish. 
I tried multiple combinations of settings and it looks terrible.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GP 7 Black makes me look like a cartoon.

You definetly need to spot meter with that light you are using. Use Linear and add a little zoom as well. ISO MAX should be 400 and you should manually set the WB (probably somewhere around 5000K). Sharpness may look best at Medium (low if you have a decent editor so you can adjust in post). The Color Profile might also look better if you choose Flat so it's not so punchy with your skin tones.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GP 7 Black makes me look like a cartoon.

You definetly need to spot meter with that light you are using. Use Linear and add a little zoom as well. ISO MAX should be 400 and you should manually set the WB (probably somewhere around 5000K). Sharpness may look best at Medium (low if you have a decent editor so you can adjust in post). The Color Profile might also look better if you choose Flat so it's not so punchy with your skin tones.