Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GOPRO7 BLACK - turns on, but no picture

I have used this gopro for a year without issue then a week after my last use its decided it no longer wants to work...

It turns on, but there is no picture (view finder) visible, just a black screen with the display HUD. The device doesn't recognise any attempt to take a video or picture etc. I can navigate all menus and have performed a factory reset but it has not changed the situation. Randomly while on the black screen it will change to fuzzy colourful screen at this point the gopro will become completely unresponsive and cannot  be turned off with the buttons.

I have checked and the software is up to date.

Annoyingly this occurred days after my warranty ended..

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GOPRO7 BLACK - turns on, but no picture

It is odd for the camera to suddenly not display anything on the rear screen. Thank you for the details that you provided, @harrwil, and for going through the recommended steps. If you contact our Support team, they will be able to guide you through the next steps. 

We have recently made a change in our contact method. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

It is odd for the camera to suddenly not display anything on the rear screen. Thank you for the details that you provided, @harrwil, and for going through the recommended steps. If you contact our Support team, they will be able to guide you through the next steps. 

We have recently made a change in our contact method. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I follow that through.

Thank you for your response!