12-31-2018 11:05 AM
We have put together some instructions on how to install the plugins. Since these steps involve some non-GoPro products, please be aware that the decision to use them is each person's responsibility.
On Mac (Existing users who have Fusion Studio and previous Adobe 2018 applications installed):
- Quit running any copy of Premiere you have open.
- Open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app).
- Cut and paste this command (without the surrounding double-quotes) into terminal: "sudo cp -a /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common"
[Note: It will prompt you for your password, and it takes a while to complete this step since you're actually copying three apps.]
- Relaunch Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 and verify if the plugins moved to the new application update.
On Mac (New users who never used Fusion Studio or never installed Adobe 2018 applications before):
- Download the zip file at https://bit.ly/2QFFJmp
- Expand the .zip file link above by double-clicking on it.
- Open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
[The following commands assume you expanded the .zip file in your Downloads folder. If not, replace "~/Downloads" with the path to wherever you did expand it (e.g., wherever the GoProVRPluginsMac folder is).]
- Run this command to install the plugins for Premiere Pro 2019:
(NOTE: The commands will prompt you to enter your password)
sudo cp -a ~/Downloads/GoProVRPluginsMac/PP/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common
- Run this command to install the plugins for After Effects 2019:
sudo cp -a ~/Downloads/GoProVRPluginsMac/AE/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2019/Plug-Ins
On Windows: (Existing and New Users):
- Go to the folders at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1icwwdje895f1ax/GoProVRPlugins.zip?dl=0
- Download and move the contents of “YourPremiereFolder” to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019"
04-17-2019 09:26 AM
as you can imagine i'm here because eventho ive followed your steps i'm still not seeing the GoPro VR plug in in PP.
i was hoping someone might have some feedback or comments to help assist.
currently i have goPro fusuion app installed, I downloaded the plug ins from GoPro, after installing both AE and PP, only the AE plug ins show up. so then i started googling and came across your wonderful post on using terminal to instal. I then went ahead and followed you steps for "new users without any 2018 PP installed" but to now luck.
please help, any successions would be greatly appreciated
04-17-2019 01:34 PM
If you're using Adobe Premier 2019, you have two options. You can install and run Adobe Premier 2018 at the same time and the GoPro plug in's will work. Or you can install the new Plugin's and GoPro Fusion Studio from here:
Fusion Studio 1.4 (Beta):
- OSX: FusionStudio_Mac_HighSierra_140RC2_2018-12-20.dmg
- Windows: FusionStudio_x64_140RC2_2018-12-20.zip
Adobe Premiere and After Effects VR plug-ins:
Please note, that installing the Beta Version of Fusion Studio will not automatically install the plug in, you need to download and install the plug in seperately using the link above.
05-15-2019 10:03 PM
These steps have still not fixed my issue. No matter what I do the plugins do not appear in Adobe Premiere pro 2019. They appear in after effects but not premiere.
I have a mac, I downloaded the Fusion 1.4 and new beta pack that is suppose to make the plugins work on 2019. I even did the terminal commands but it still has not worked.
05-16-2019 11:07 AM
if you didnt follow the steps from "irishman..." (above my post) i suggest you do. it's a different file so download his files. if that doesnt work i'm not sure. it worked for me after everything wasn't