Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GOPRO premiere plugin don t work in Adobe Premiere 2019

[ New ]

GOPRO premiere plugin don t work in Adobe Premiere 2019 after upgrading from 2018

Hiker

Re: GOPRO premiere plugin don t work in Adobe Premiere 2019

[ New ]

You've got to be more specfic if you want anyone to help you. In what way doesn't it work? Are you getting a pop up message? Does PP crash? Etc etc

Tourist

[ New ]

The effects are not present in the effects panel. They were not transferred from 2018 to 2019. It doen t help to copy the gopro folder. When I try to reinstall the kolor package, i cannot choose a program (I guess it does nit recognize the 2019 version). Any suggestions ? THanks

Tourist

[ New ]

I am having the same problem too. I copied the files over manually after I didint find them and it still does not show up.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @microviews and @jeffb48482

Have you tried reinstalling the Fusion Studio app by downloading directly for here

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Number 1 - Fusion Studio 1.3 won't even open on any of my Mac's (Sierra and Mojave) it just hangs.  i have to use 1.1 or 1.2.  

Number 2 - I have installed the plugins directly from the color website, and they do not show up on either computer either.  

Hiker

[ New ]

No GoPro effects

Hiker

[ New ]
if you have multiple versions of Premiere Pro installed, look in one of the other versions plugin folders, copy the GoPro folder from the plugins of the older version to the new version folder structure. close and reopen premiere if you have it open, this fixed it for me.
Tourist

[ New ]

Did not work for me....

@dw450 wrote:
if you have multiple versions of Premiere Pro installed, look in one of the other versions plugin folders, copy the GoPro folder from the plugins of the older version to the new version folder structure. close and reopen premiere if you have it open, this fixed it for me.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello  Everyone, 

Appreciate you sharing your observations. Our team is already looking into this. We are still waiting for am update. Feel free to post back for any other significant findings.

Thanks, 

Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

What's weird is when you try to reinstall Studio app (which should include the Plug-ins) there is no option to do that.  They don't even appear.  On Mac Mojave, Premiere CC 2019.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 3.01.40 PM.png
Hiker

[ New ]

Can somebody upload the plugins so I can download them and put them in the folder directly?  

Hiker

[ New ]

Well, I downgraded to PPro CC 2018 v.12.1 and all the plugins are there and working.  Guess I'll just wait for a fix to upgrade.  

Tourist

[ New ]

I downgraded to 2018 Premier Pro to make the plugin's work too.

Tourist

[ New ]

I've been dealing with this in another thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/How-to-install-Fusion-Plugins-in-Premiere-Pro-13/td-p/249648/...

They seem to be on it, that's good news!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @leor1847

Thank you for sharing, other use may also use this as a reference.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

We have put together some instructions on how to install the plugins. Since these steps involve some non-GoPro products, please be aware that the decision to use them is each person's responsibility.

On Mac (Existing users who have Fusion Studio and previous Adobe 2018 applications installed):

1. Quit running any copy of Premiere you have open.
  2. Open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app).
  3. Cut and paste this command (without the surrounding double-quotes) into terminal: "sudo cp -a /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common"

[Note: It will prompt you for your password, and it takes a while to complete this step since you're actually copying three apps.]

1. Relaunch Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 and verify if the plugins moved to the new application update.

On Mac (New users who never used Fusion Studio or never installed Adobe 2018 applications before):

1. Download the zip file at https://bit.ly/2QFFJmp
  2. Expand the .zip file link above by double-clicking on it.
  3. Open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)

[The following commands assume you expanded the .zip file in your Downloads folder.  If not, replace "~/Downloads" with the path to wherever you did expand it (e.g., wherever the GoProVRPluginsMac folder is).]

1. Run this command to install the plugins for Premiere Pro 2019:
    (NOTE: The commands will prompt you to enter your password)
    sudo cp -a ~/Downloads/GoProVRPluginsMac/PP/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common

1. Run this command to install the plugins for After Effects 2019:
    sudo cp -a ~/Downloads/GoProVRPluginsMac/AE/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2019/Plug-Ins

On Windows: (Existing and New Users):

1. Go to the folders at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1icwwdje895f1ax/GoProVRPlugins.zip?dl=0
  2. Download and move the contents of “YourPremiereFolder” to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019"
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks @jefft, this worked for me!  

Hiker

[ New ]

good afternoon.

as you can imagine i'm here because eventho ive followed your steps i'm still not seeing the GoPro VR plug in in PP.

i was hoping someone might have some feedback or comments to help assist.

currently i have goPro fusuion app installed, I downloaded the plug ins from GoPro, after installing both AE and PP, only the AE plug ins show up. so then i started googling and came across your wonderful post on using terminal to instal. I then went ahead and followed you steps for "new users without any 2018 PP installed" but to now luck.

please help, any successions would be greatly appreciated 

Nomad

[ New ]

If you're using Adobe Premier 2019, you have two options.  You can install and run Adobe Premier 2018 at the same time and the GoPro plug in's will work.  Or you can install the new Plugin's and GoPro Fusion Studio from here:

Fusion Studio 1.4 (Beta): 

Adobe Premiere and After Effects VR plug-ins:

Please note, that installing the Beta Version of Fusion Studio will not automatically install the plug in, you need to download and install the plug in seperately using the link above.

Hiker

[ New ]

well this was a pleasnt treat..

thank you so much for your patience and very detailed explination. 

this infact worked for me ...

thanks again 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

These steps have still not fixed my issue. No matter what I do the plugins do not appear in Adobe Premiere pro 2019. They appear in after effects but not premiere. 

I have a mac, I downloaded the Fusion 1.4 and new beta pack that is suppose to make the plugins work on 2019. I even did the terminal commands but it still has not worked.

Please help 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @buzzykiwi. If you contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help. 

Hiker

[ New ]

if you didnt follow the steps from "irishman..." (above my post) i suggest you do. it's a different file so download his files. if that doesnt work i'm not sure. it worked for me after everything wasn't