Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GOPRO Team - Overheating/Hanging - what are you going to do about it?

[ New ]

For several days now at least, I read and watch vlogs that deal with the topic ignored by all (as you can see in most) sponsored GPH7 reviews - overheating / hanging the camera. On this forum I read in 2-3 days a dozen or so threads about this problem. Each time your answer is the same:
- choosing the right SD card from your recommended list (only that people have such cards and the camera still hangs on)
- review and application of advice on camera overheating - lower resolution, lower framerate (would I have to buy one of the most expensive sports cameras to record 1080p movies? This is what my sjcam and heken do, which cost 5 times less than gopro 7)
What are you gonna do about it? Only something more constructive than referring people to the above advice.
Fortunately, I abstained from buying, and a competitive camera, although it doesn't have a few interesting features, has one essential advantage - it doesn't hang up.
I will not repeat certain situations in my life that I wanted to record, but I did not succeed, because your flagship product is not able to meet its task.

So, when are you going to introduce a solution to this problem?

Tourist

Re: GOPRO Team - Overheating/Hanging - what are you going to do about it?

[ New ]

This camera is broken, gopro won't admit it but we all know it. I sent in a perfectly good gopro with the tradeup program to get this broken $399 pile of dung and now I can't get my old camera back even if I wanted to return the 7 black! This camera has ruined the footage of several moments that were very important to me, and many others have lost footage that means everything to them! We've all seen the stories of lost graduation videos and videos of children catching their first fish and etc etc. 

Clearly GoPro is not going to fix this, they are going to keep blaming the user and saying that we ALL must be using bad sd cards. Give me a break!

This picture says it all. I covered the **bleep** thing in stick on heatsyncs, and it still overheated in 13 minutes in an air conditioned room with a fan blowing on. 

mEoBfdR.jpg
Hiker

Re: GOPRO Team - Overheating/Hanging - what are you going to do about it?

[ New ]

I was hoping I wouldn't get any answers. Their advice is good for someone who doesn't have a clue about technology. They made a list of dedicated memory cards for themselves - have you seen anything like this? No. You buy at least a class 10 card and it works. Nothing more is needed - no more combinations, no more prayers, no more delusions that maybe this card will work better if it doesn't want to work with the previous one.
For years I have considered GoPro products to be overestimated - 60% of the price for just the word "gopro". When I finally got interested in them because I thought they could finally meet my needs, it turns out that:
- they are still overvalued
- are unable to meet the requirements they are tempted to meet in advertising and specifications
It's pathetic.
Why is there no "advice" in your ads? : our camera can record at 4K@60fps but don't use this setting because it's overheating and it may freeze.
Why don't you write directly in your ads that you can only refer to your stupid list of sd cards and recommendation to make your GPH7 webcam for $100 (that's how much it costs to have a webcam recording 1080@30).
Do your next GPH8B with 8K@120 and attach the steelworker's outfit to the set.