Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GOPRO MAX Hypersmooth not working

[ New ]

I received my gopro max yesterday, did the update and started to test the modes, looks that all the modes are ok, except for the hypersmooth, by the reviews that i saw before it looks much more stabilized. 

When I activate the mode on my camera, it does not stabilize properly even if horizon leveling is on. I performed the test of shaking the camera in my hand and it is horrible to be unstable. I watched countless videos and they all show its super stable. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? 

I don't know if it is possible to get a good sense for the video, but it is not as stable as the reviews I watched.

The tests were done in Hero mode 1080p - 30fps / 60 fps and several camera angles, all with the same problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrmigh95iI

Backpacker

Re: GOPRO MAX Hypersmooth not working

[ New ]

The reviews you watched showing how great Max Hypersmooth is were all filmed outdoors in great sunlight.  You're shooting in a very poorly lit alleyway.  Dimly lit area's will show up blurry if hypersmooth is enabled as EIS just doesn't work well in bad lighting.

Tourist

Re: GOPRO MAX Hypersmooth not working

[ New ]
Thank you for the help

I'm gonna try it in a opened space with light like a park here in my city

Thank you