Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GOPRO Hero 9 BLACK

[ New ]

Hello!

I purchased a GoPro Hero 9 Black after selling my Hero 8 Black.

I had few bugs with my GoProHero 9 Black since i got it and again this morning.

at least 6 times the camera got frozen when I starteed it or when I stopped a recording. I had to take the battery out completely and restart it again.

I also had 2 times where it looks like it was recording but then when i wanted to stop the recording the camera was frozen and when I got home I had 2 MP4 video files of  28KB and both of them I can't open.

This morning I turned on the GoPro Hero 9 Black and my front display had some showed the hero 9 logo and then got frozen with some orange lines and the back screen was frozen in black. I also had to remove the battery.

Any help?

GoPro Hero 9 - Frozen.jpg
GoPro

Re: GOPRO Hero 9 BLACK

[ New ]

Hello, @didyeh. A manual firmware update will help clear the issue. If you haven't yet, perform the steps under Manual Update here. HERO9 Black - Software Update Instructions will guide you through the process. 

It is also important that the camera uses a recommended SD card. See the list at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 for reference. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your help Yes I have GoPro 2,3,4,5,8 & 9 so I know about the firmware I did 2 updates since I bought it and I check all the time for new updates. I also have a good SD card. Actually one of the fatest available on the market. any other tips?

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @didyeh

If you have tried re-flashing the software and it's still the same, the best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Did you try a Factory Reset of your camera?

Hiker

[ New ]

Why don't you remove the firmware update from the smartphone app considering it screws up all the time and the answer to everything is always to do a manual firmware update?!?  Let's get rid of that crap and make everyone use the manual firmware update all the time!