Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GOPRO Hero 7 Black VS Dji OSMO ACTION

Dji Osmo ACTION just launch...seem like mostly win over Gopro Hero 7 Black...what other owner Gopro hero 7 Think....

i am also 1 of the owner gopro hero 7 black

Explorer

Re: GOPRO Hero 7 Black VS Dji OSMO ACTION

It doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. The front display isn't touch screen and just looks like a vulnerable spot for some stray rock or pebble to break. I don't quite get the need on an action camera, as the camera is usually mounted in a way where the front isn't visible.

The DeWarp effect actually looks a little wonky when moving the camera around and while the stabilization looks very good it's also twice the crop of HERO7 and also creates a lot of warping.

I haven't seen any reviews displaying a similar TimeWarp feature, but I've heard it has it.

No built in microphone jack or tripod mount, so they missed out on that opportunity to best Gopro.

Honestly, it just looks like a HERO7 but with a super crop Stabilization.

I guess they figured they should get it out quick before GoPro releases the HERO8 in a few months.
Hiker

Have to say the customisable profiles that OSMO is providing are a good candidate for addition ot the gopro. would be great to allow you to create a set of predefined settings that are stored away for easy access.
Hiker

it look like OSMO ACTION rocky stablize better than HERO7 and the FOV is like just enought than HERO7 with super wide fisheye effect.

Hiker

and honestly i really no hope HERO8 announce that fast..cos i only win HERO7 for 3 month only...hihihihi
Adventurer

• TimeWarp
  • LiveStream
  • Pann sutterwith Rock Steady
  • low light  EIS    issue
  • advance settings like min and Mas ISO not offered but ISO  levels
  • the frame covers mics and leds

Hype it is   did I missread the livestream and timewarp  do not get me wrong it is what it is.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

I find it interesting that all the reviews of the DJI are from Vloggers and I have yet to see a video from an action athlete. I use my camera for mountain biking and I want to see how rocksteady performs in changing light conditions and going down the trail. The highly cropped image may work well for walking around but how is it going to be for POV chest mount footage or helmet footage. 

Will it be better doing this than the Hero 7 did?

Adventurer

Well in time that will tell when they hit the consumer market .