Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GOPRO HERO7 BLACK ENHANCEMENT/ ISSUE-FIX LIST

[ New ]
Thank you! Looking forward to the update...and hopefully in early Dec for the holiday trips,
Tourist

[ New ]

I just discovered another bug mentioned here:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-7-Black-Major-Bug-Pink-Line-in-the-middle-at-2-7k-24-30...

In short - when shooting at 2.7K 24fps or 30fps, with Hypersmooth off and Superview on, a distinct pink linke appears right in the middle of the footage frame. All other modes/fps/resolutions do not reproduce this line, on these particular settings. Pretty sure it's software issue encoding glitch.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks several people already reported that bug, i believe the gopro team is adressing this already in the december patch.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks GoPro team. Just updated to camera software ver 1.61 and it seems panning the camera has no more issues with stuttering/ jerky motion. The light/ image distortion issue associated with image stabilization also seems to be resolved. Not too sure about the battery life though - will need to use the camera more to find out.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the information @ffosuy

Feel free to post back regarding the battery life.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Thank you for the information @ffosuy

Feel free to post back regarding the battery life.

Regards,

Ej

For now, I am experiencing an average of 5% loss of battery every 10 hours of so when shut off, with connections, voice commands and quick capture off with this new firmware.

Tourist

[ New ]
Ok, seems I’m getting around 35 mins of recording on a full charged battery, with camera turned on and off around 10x (cyclic operation). GPS is turned off, but voice control remains ON.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
Forgot to mention I’m doing 2.7k or 4k, both at 30fps. Screen settings at 50% brightness with auto off after 5 mins.