Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GOPRO HERO 8 not working

Hello sir/ma'am, Greetings from India. I am a big fan of the gopro company and a regular customer. My sister recently bought the new gopro hero 8 black in San Francisco dated 2nd November. And she brought that to Delhi, india as a gift for me. While trying out the new product , i found out that the GoPro Hero 8 black is not turning on even when 80% charged. It turns on only when charging cable is inserted and then the screen shows - "use the original hero 8 black battery" and "no battery detected". Ps - i have only used the new blue label battery that came in the box. And then after restarting it for 3 times the gopro detects the battery and it's battery level fluctuates between - 80% then 60% then 23 % then 3% then 54% and then back to 80%. Ps - i tried starting a gopro help chat customer service. But it shows that GoPro chat is not available for you. And also regional contact number for india donot work at all. So i am only able to send private message to the admin. Please assist me in this matter and tell me how can i avail the warranty benefits. I would really appreciate it. Ps - i still LOVE GOPRO.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GOPRO HERO 8 not working

@bravemesa35430  You are a Big fan of GoPro and all.  Then you are like me , should know their time schedule when open I do, you don't  oh not a big fan then.  all kidding aside.

see that globe on the top right use it change it to U.S.A.  and then go find the contact us. again which you have, and simply read the time Zone of Pacific and  contqact gopro in sau 3:40 minutes from  now since you tried them, while closed?

Now lets get to your issue

1 you charged the camera in  what rated charger?  How many amps???

2 You have tried   runningdown the battery, and recharging, you know the batteyr needs a good 5  cycles. and then it will be at the optimum proformance?

If you are to contact GoPro, Please  provide a Bill of Sale. a photo of the issues. and a email, aswell an alternitive one.

stick to your story and keep a coll calm collective head you will get a replacement batteyr first, then a camera if Defective. 

Fish

Highlighted
Tourist

1. at first i was charging it with a 2 A charger but after reading the manual , i charged it with 1A charger. But that was not a solution to the problem.
2. No. I haven't tried the rundown. Will surely try it.

Ps. Thanks for all the Sarcasm. 😑
Highlighted
Adventurer

well look inside your cameera battery area, it may say 1.5A, also look into the manual it may as well say  file:///C:/Users/ranth/Downloads/HERO8Black_UM_ENG_REVB%20(1).pdf  what to use if  you can find it. Otherwise do not go less then 2.1A.

If yo have an issue with the product you can not head back to the Mainland and will need to contact  your Regional gopro rep  At the operating Hours. 

Highlighted
Tourist