Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GOPRO HERO 4 vertical line in front screen problem

i bought my hero 4 silver from walmart reseller HD Cameras and now i see two vertical lines on the front sreen. they sent me another battery because the camera would freeze and i had to remove the battery to shut it off but now the lines. it cost me half in shipping from what i paid for it and now i will lose more sending it back! i tried resetting the phone but still the lines.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GOPRO HERO 4 vertical line in front screen problem

Hi @adeptvista73416

See if a manual update solves the issue.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero4

As this is a recent purchase, you may refer back to the seller if it's still the same.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @adeptvista73416

See if a manual update solves the issue.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero4

As this is a recent purchase, you may refer back to the seller if it's still the same.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

yes i contacted go pro via chat and did a manual update but lines are still there and to send it back to walmart reseller would cost me half of what i paid for it so i am not sure what to do

20190709_145644.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

In this case it's a case of Buyer Beware, since the GoPro Hero 4 is about 5 years old by this stage, it's possible that the resellar was selling a refurbished unit.  It's unfortunate that you will be charged shipping fee's for this camera, but that's the sellars right.  You could look up the existing ad to see if the unit was being offered as brand new, or in fully working condition etc.  Then you might have a false advertisement claim (but be careful that you can prove this otherwise you could be in legal trouble for making false or misleading claims yourself).

If you paid by credit card of paypal, you can always launch a dispute over the transaction with them to see if you can claim your full refund.;