Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

This is NOT a valid fix, but because I spent 700 on a camera that is a paper weight I bought a 1080 TI video card and the error went away with the new version.

I'm happy this fixed the issue, but the support..err lack of support will lead me to not recommend GoPro to anyone. Why pay a premium for a garage product when you can pay 1/10 the cost on a garbage product on Amazon.com.
Highlighted
Explorer

What GPU did you have before getting the 1080ti? Utilizing a computer/GPU that meets the system requirements is a valid solution. For the NVIDIA GTX cards, the 1050ti is the minimum IMO.
Highlighted
Tourist

Dan,

I had an R9 290X.

Highlighted
Explorer

Interesting. Great benchmark scores on the R9 290X, but 2013 architecture. It's frustrating how quickly some of the best technology of yesterday can be rendered obsolete by the tech of today.
Highlighted
Tourist

Normally, I would agree... however it worked fine on the previous versions. This is just bad software & support.

Highlighted
Hiker

Have the same card and use the old 1.1 studio.

I refuse to buy a 1080 TI at the moment just because something is wrecked in the current studio version.

I am also wondering why it is such a problem to fix this. I am pretty sure a lot of people would be willing to test a debug-version of studio to get this fixed.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi again

I have changed my Graphic Card to GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and now it is working without problems and quite fast rendering. While rendering I have checked GPU usage, it is about 60-70 % with newest Fusion studio. I have added additional big cooler on my GPU because it was really hot while rendering :-) So I can say that GP Studio efficiently use GPU resources.

Also I have 64 GB of ram in my pc but it uses only 32 GB max, I hope it will be fixed. CPU usage it really hight while rendering, about 99 %.
Highlighted
Tourist

It still isn't working! What is Gopro doing! You shouldn't make your software available when it clearly isn't working and loads of people all have this issues running Windows 10 64bit. My computer has well ove the minimum spec requirements and it's still having this decoder issue.