Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

[ Edited ]

I removed version 1.2, installed 1.1 and voila, rendering works. So I tried to install 2.2 back and it still has the unable to create decoders problem. So I now have two versions installed at the same time. 1.1 works and 1.2 does not.

@confusion, I had similar problem when pairing my Fusion with Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Android 7.1.1. When I choosed Fusioon to pair with, it said "We can't connect your fusion. Your phone cannot control your Fusion or support...." I solved this simply by choosing wrong camera to pair with. I choosed Hero 6 Black and then went through all the instructions and voila! My Fusion is connected to "unsupported" device and for a surprise I see Live 360 degree preview, can change settings and it appears like everything is working as it should. By the way, after connecting my Fusion this way, it later shows that my camera is Fusion, not Hero 6 Black as I choosed. So, another bug in GoPros software.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here and I've just brought this £650 camera! :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

same problem

Very frustrated

Highlighted
Tourist

It'd be great if gopro could acknoledge this bug and or give a suggestion to fix it!!!

Highlighted
Hiker

The inofficial workaround is the older version as stated herebefore.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I'm aware of using 1.1 but its a shame gopro havent updated us on if this is a confirmed bug to them and or why this is happening and or if it's being fixed!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @superpeak51868

Sorry for any troubles caused. While we do not recommend reverting to an older software version, we are still checking with the team in charge regarding this error.

We will post an update on this thread as soon as we hear from them.

Best Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Great stuff