Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

Hi @hendrikp10

This has been shared to the team in charge.

We'll get this thread updated as soon as we get additional information.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

It is good to see that GoPro is still investing in the Fusion software. I was worried that they had decided to abandon it completely.  I would like to see more investment in the mobile apps for Android and iOS. I recently had a tinker with the iOS app for the Insta360 One X, and it is soooo much better than GoPro's software.  It would be nice to see GoPro work towards achieving something similar.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the feedback, @nobledusk16031. We have dedicated teams working on those products. We also just released some updates to the GoPro App and Quik for mobile for Android. We will continue to provide updates to improve how these products work. Your suggestions are appreciated. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm new to the Fusion.  My camera has been updated to the latest firmware, and I'm running Fusion Studio 1.3.0.400.  My first attempt at a 360 video has been ruined by the 'unable to create decoders' error.  Google led me here, where I was surprised to see that it's apparently been a common problem since April 2018, some 11 months ago, through various Fusion Studio software versions.  GoPro's only response seems to be "we're working on it", without any indication of the cause, so it's been left to users to speculate and experiment for nearly a year.

This is really disappointing.  Have I missed the GoPro bulletin "How to beat the 'unable to create decoders' error"?  What does it even mean?

Highlighted
Tourist

UPDATE: I've just installed Fusion Studio on another machine (HP workstation), and I get the same 'unable to create decoders' error. Is the Fusion unfit for purpose?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @nisp. If you haven't yet, see if installing the latest (Beta) versions of the Fusion and Fusion Studio will clear out the issue. There are information and instructions through this article on Fusion 2.0 Beta. Feel free to post back for any question or concern that you may have, or to share how it goes on your end. Best regards!

Highlighted
Explorer

@nisp
What are your computer specs?
OS
Processor
RAM
GPU
Storage

Is your media stored locally in your C: drive? Is it a hard drive or SSD?

Did you use a USB/SD adapter to copy both front and back folders into one Master folder or did you connect the camera to the computer to get the media?
Highlighted
Tourist

Die Lösung für das Problem:"Decoder kann nicht erstellt werden" oder "GPU Decoder Fehler" ist folgende:

je nachdem welche Firmware auf eurer Fusion installiert ist braucht ihr die Richtige Fusion Studio Software.

Ich habe eine sehr alte Fusion firmware. Die Videos konnte weder mit Fusion Studio 1.3 oder 1.4 gerendert werden (Hardware mehr als ausreichend). mit der Version 1.1 und 1.2 klappt alles Tadellos.