Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

1.1 seems to be working...
GoPro

Hi @prowleruy

Our team is already looking into this error on the latest version.

In the mean time, you may use 1.1 to render files.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

After tests and tests looking for solutions, were found some details about this error "unable to create decoders" with relationship a AMD video cards, sure

My test in my DELL XPS8900
With AMD Radeon HD 8700 - error
With AMD Radeon HD 8500 - error
With Geforce GTX 750 - OK
With onboard Intel 4000 - OK

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @prowleruy

Our team is already looking into this error on the latest version.

In the mean time, you may use 1.1 to render files.

Thanks!
Ej

Tested in GPF software 1.1 / 1.2 and 1.3.

Hiker

As I have mentioned on other pages I have found that besides the AMD video card problem there is a problem with 360 Audio in versions above 1.1.

With a Nvidia 1060 GPU I found that version 1.3 would not render 4k or 5.2k videos in 360 Audio if the default encoder is selected. If I change from the CineForm '422 High' which seems to be the one the program selects, to ProRes 422 the memory does not fill up and I can render the video at 5.2Kresolution and 360 Audio.

Tourist

Does anybody know what the minimum video card is that will allow rendering of videos in Fusion Studio?  I'm not a gamer, so I don't want to shell out for a GTX 1080.  Does the 1050 ti with 4GB of RAM work properly?  Currently, I am getting by using the Android app, which is fine for creating Tiny planets, but doesn't allow you to stitch and export a 360 photo.  I'm loving the creative possibilities of this camera, but the post-processing software has been pretty painful so far...

Tourist

Gtx1050 will work fine. Bang for buck is the gtx1060 6gb version. Its enough for 1080p gaming and VR capable.
Explorer

IMO The 1050 ti is the minimum GPU card It's use, and agree that you'll get a lot more with the GTX 1060. However, the rest of your system will also determine speed and ultimately enjoyment editing Fusion files. If you use a SSD to process and render your videos it will work much better. Also, having an i7 and at least 16GB of RAM (I started with 16 and doubled up to 32GB and was much happier), will make the whole process much smoother and reliable.
Tourist

Thanks for the recommendations! I don't use my PC much these days, so was hoping to get by without major upgrades.  The beauty of the 1050Ti is that it is a 75 Watt part powered solely by the PCI Express slot, so should work out okay with my existing 350 watt power supply.

With my existing PC, I get some photos rendered successfully, but other photos and all videos cause Fusion Studio to crash.  If adding a 1050Ti makes it stable, then I can evaluate whether the performance is acceptable, or whether I need to consider replacing my system (or alternatively, replacing the camera). A 1050Ti is about $200 here in Australia, which is not too bad as an experiment...