Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

[ New ]

Dan,

I had an R9 290X.

Explorer

[ New ]
Interesting. Great benchmark scores on the R9 290X, but 2013 architecture. It's frustrating how quickly some of the best technology of yesterday can be rendered obsolete by the tech of today.
Tourist

[ New ]

Normally, I would agree... however it worked fine on the previous versions. This is just bad software & support.

Hiker

[ New ]

Have the same card and use the old 1.1 studio.

I refuse to buy a 1080 TI at the moment just because something is wrecked in the current studio version.

I am also wondering why it is such a problem to fix this. I am pretty sure a lot of people would be willing to test a debug-version of studio to get this fixed.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi again

I have changed my Graphic Card to GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and now it is working without problems and quite fast rendering. While rendering I have checked GPU usage, it is about 60-70 % with newest Fusion studio. I have added additional big cooler on my GPU because it was really hot while rendering :-) So I can say that GP Studio efficiently use GPU resources.

Also I have 64 GB of ram in my pc but it uses only 32 GB max, I hope it will be fixed. CPU usage it really hight while rendering, about 99 %.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

It still isn't working! What is Gopro doing! You shouldn't make your software available when it clearly isn't working and loads of people all have this issues running Windows 10 64bit. My computer has well ove the minimum spec requirements and it's still having this decoder issue.

Explorer

[ New ]

@supercave388

Have you reached out to the GoPro Support Team to see if they can help you troubleshoot your system?  Fusion Studio works perfectly fine on my Windows 10 64 bit machine, so perhaps it's just a setting or driver that you need.  They should be able to help you identify what you need.

https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Tourist

[ New ]

This is so ridiculous that this older version works that you have uploaded but they are not admitting its an offcial bug with the new version!! Thanks for the upload as there is no way to download ther older version through Gopro. There customer care really dues suck.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes I have. They wern't sure how to solve it so will be coming back to me in a few days. However, downloading the old verison unofficially from this forum has actually worked. It works just fine. It's quite clearly a bug. I have a VR ready PC that's can handle 8k video edit and rendering through Premiere Pro CC so there's absolutely no reason why the new version fo the Fusion app shouldn't be able to do the same. The old version works so quite clearly something has gone wrong with the new version.

Tourist

[ New ]

I see exactly the same error. It is still there in GoPro Fusion Studio 1.3

For me as well this bug is unexplicable and unacceptable. If it is not solved quickly, I won't recommend GoPro to anyone any more.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bemmim

Thank you for the feedback and for updating your Fusion Studio to the latest version. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance as this maybe related to particular settings on your computer. Please keep us posted on how it works out. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Something seems to be wrong with the video files. With a brand new Fusion, the rendering worked in Fusion Studio 1.1 without problems (Windows 10 64 bit / AMD A10-5750M / AMD Radeon HD 8570M 2GB / 16 GB RAM / Samsung SSD). With version 1.2 and 1.3 the error message occurred. After an update of the Fusion on the current firmware the version 1.1 crashes now. Versions 1.2 and 1.3 still do not work. A friend of mine is investigating this issue. Maybe he'll find a solution that GoPro has been unable to deliver since April.

43175618_2115245945160748_882547231649955840_n.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Es gibt ein Problem mit AMD!

AMD CPU + AMD GPU = Fehler

AMD CPU mit unbekannter GPU = Fehler

Intel CPU + AMD GPU = Fehler

Intel CPU mit integierter GPU = kein Fehler!

Tourist

[ New ]

After using a Hero (everthing works fine) i bought a Fusion and tried to render my first video...same problem. After reading this thread i can't belive whats going on with Gopro!!!!

Since the beginning if this year (April) they are not able to fix the problem?

They live from our money!!!!! Nobody should buy anything anymore so they all can go home and have a look out of their windows....looking for a job.

I thing to sell the fusion but who want it?

**bleep** Gopro..they where better in the past.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fastdive74612

I am really sorry for any troubles this error may have caused.

Please contact our Support Team and have a case created to have the issue isolated further.

You may reach them by phone or chat.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same problem here. This is ridiculous. And of course my PC exceeds the minimum specs and all my drivers are latest.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @quickriver61365

Have you tried contacting our Support Team regarding the error?

They should be able to help you move forward with this concern.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Confirmed, my setup is i7-6700K 4Ghz + AMD Radeon R7 200
Tourist

[ New ]

Dear Marius, thanks for that recommendation. As the support team's operation hours are not feasible to me for calling or chatting, I would strongly appreciate another possibility to contact them. Doesn't matter to me whether it is a contact form, e-Mail address or anything else I can use on weekends.

This is just another thing I don't understand: Why isn't an e-Mail support offered anyway? Because I guess mailing to impressum@gopro.com won't reach the responsible persons for support, right?

Regarding the error, another info: I updated my graphics card drivers (AMD Radeon R7 200) today and still have the issue. Would you recommend to fetch drivers from AMD directly instead of using the Windows device manager?

Explorer

[ New ]
It's usually best to get the drivers directly from the manufacturer.

email support occurs after a support case has been generated. If you sign up for GoPro Plus, you can get 24/7 chat support. Even if you decide to cancel the GoPro Plus, you can at least use it to get in contact with the Support Team initially.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, so I downloaded and installed drivers from AMD directly. Result: Fusion Studio 1.3 works like intended.

But the quesion still is why 1.1 always had worked beforehand already.

Tourist

[ New ]

First time I wanted to use this software for my NZ trip footage and I got that error. My PC specs are Win 10 64, Intel I5 6600, 64GB ram, SSD 960 EVO hd with plenty space, Radeon R9 390. Updated drivers but it still shows the same error.

This camera is a nightmare, not only Android support is non existent but no even the Win software works?? This is my 1st and last GoPro I'll ever have, that is a fact.

Tourist

[ New ]
1.1 seems to be working...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @prowleruy

Our team is already looking into this error on the latest version.

In the mean time, you may use 1.1 to render files.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

After tests and tests looking for solutions, were found some details about this error "unable to create decoders" with relationship a AMD video cards, sure

My test in my DELL XPS8900
With AMD Radeon HD 8700 - error
With AMD Radeon HD 8500 - error
With Geforce GTX 750 - OK
With onboard Intel 4000 - OK

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @prowleruy

Our team is already looking into this error on the latest version.

In the mean time, you may use 1.1 to render files.

Thanks!
Ej

Tested in GPF software 1.1 / 1.2 and 1.3.

Hiker

[ New ]

As I have mentioned on other pages I have found that besides the AMD video card problem there is a problem with 360 Audio in versions above 1.1.

With a Nvidia 1060 GPU I found that version 1.3 would not render 4k or 5.2k videos in 360 Audio if the default encoder is selected. If I change from the CineForm '422 High' which seems to be the one the program selects, to ProRes 422 the memory does not fill up and I can render the video at 5.2Kresolution and 360 Audio.

Tourist

[ New ]

Does anybody know what the minimum video card is that will allow rendering of videos in Fusion Studio?  I'm not a gamer, so I don't want to shell out for a GTX 1080.  Does the 1050 ti with 4GB of RAM work properly?  Currently, I am getting by using the Android app, which is fine for creating Tiny planets, but doesn't allow you to stitch and export a 360 photo.  I'm loving the creative possibilities of this camera, but the post-processing software has been pretty painful so far...

Tourist

[ New ]
Gtx1050 will work fine. Bang for buck is the gtx1060 6gb version. Its enough for 1080p gaming and VR capable.
Explorer

[ New ]
IMO The 1050 ti is the minimum GPU card It's use, and agree that you'll get a lot more with the GTX 1060. However, the rest of your system will also determine speed and ultimately enjoyment editing Fusion files. If you use a SSD to process and render your videos it will work much better. Also, having an i7 and at least 16GB of RAM (I started with 16 and doubled up to 32GB and was much happier), will make the whole process much smoother and reliable.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the recommendations! I don't use my PC much these days, so was hoping to get by without major upgrades.  The beauty of the 1050Ti is that it is a 75 Watt part powered solely by the PCI Express slot, so should work out okay with my existing 350 watt power supply.

With my existing PC, I get some photos rendered successfully, but other photos and all videos cause Fusion Studio to crash.  If adding a 1050Ti makes it stable, then I can evaluate whether the performance is acceptable, or whether I need to consider replacing my system (or alternatively, replacing the camera). A 1050Ti is about $200 here in Australia, which is not too bad as an experiment...

Tourist

[ New ]

Tenho o mesmo problema... o 1.3.0.400 (B8B265A0) da essa tela UNABLE TO CREATE DECODERS

Fiz o dowload num site genérico da versão 1.0 e consegui usar uma ou duas vezes até o mesmo começcar a travar...

podemos ver que se trata de um bug no programa mistruado aos componentes do pc. Vou procurar montar um computardor com as especificações da go pro para ver se consigo usar a maquina. 

Para fotos consigo salvar tranquilo... mais para filmes... esquece. Lamentável pois o filme que consegui finalizar fico muito legal.

Espero que a go pro atualize o programa de uma forma ais simples para que nós meros mortais possamos usar sem mais problemas.

Aguardo uma solução no emal chellegrafia@hotmail.com 

Tourist

[ New ]

Tenho o mesmo problema... o 1.3.0.400 (B8B265A0) da essa tela UNABLE TO CREATE DECODERS

depois dessa tela o video segue com houve uma falha *imagem

Fiz o dowload num site genérico da versão 1.0 e consegui usar uma ou duas vezes até o mesmo começcar a travar...

podemos ver que se trata de um bug no programa mistruado aos componentes do pc. Vou procurar montar um computardor com as especificações da go pro para ver se consigo usar a maquina. 

Para fotos consigo salvar tranquilo... mais para filmes... esquece. Lamentável pois o filme que consegui finalizar fico muito legal.

Espero que a go pro atualize o programa de uma forma ais simples para que nós meros mortais possamos usar sem mais problemas.

Aguardo uma solução no emal chellegrafia@hotmail.com 

fus.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

Download FusionStudio x64 ver.110 (2018-01-05) Smiley Happy

manda um email que te envio o link

chellegrafia@hotmail.com

Tourist

[ New ]

Fusion Studio 1.3 unable to create codecs - SOLVED!!!

Works with 1.2 and 1.3. 

No need to buy a high-end graphics card.

I have tested this with a 1Gig Quadro k400 (pathetic card) and it works.

This method is only for stitching 360 video and then using Premiere to do overcapture.

Also note, this method utilises up to 5.7k stitching (not sure if improvement on quality). It also allows flexibilty to output to H.264 5.7K.

Limitations... i think there is a 7 minute file limit. This is due to the sound/wav file and the video files splitting (untested).

Here i go...

To put simply.. this is basically using the backend of FusionStudio_x64.exe to stitch, ie Dos commands. Its not hard.

Start command prompt by typing command in the search bar and click on command prompt. A black dos window should appear.

In the command prompt type:

cd c:\program files\gopro\fusion studio 1.3 

Now change the string below to suit your files:

FusionStudio_x64.exe --front "E:\Fusion\GPFR3410.MP4" --back "E:\Fusion\GPBK3410.MP4" --wave "E:\Fusion\GPBK3410.WAV" --output "G:\Fusion Out\My 360 Video.mp4" --width 5760 --videoCodec 1 --stabilization 2 --iq 1 --amb 0

Add --flatMode 255 to the end of string if you want flat colouring.

The above is stitching to 5.7K in cineform

It will then start to stitch and look like the attached file (it was a 2 second clip for testing).

I will inlclude the parameters and values in the next post.

Please let me know if anyone else is successful.

Fusion Stiitch Results.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Parameters

--front <frontImagePath> path to the front file
--back <backImagePath> path to the back file
-o, --output <outpuFilePath> path to the output file
-d, --directory <directoryToBeParsed> Parse a directory to
find sequences
-c, --calibration <calibrationFilePath> path to the calibration
file
--firstFrame <firstFrame> first frame of the
sequence to process
--lastFrame <lastFrame> last frame of the
sequence to process
--synchro <synchro> synchronization shift
between back and front
videos

-w, --width <width> width of the output = 5760 for 5.7K and 4992 for 5.2K
image. Its height willbe set automatically by the program.

--pc, --parallaxCompensation <parallaxCompensation> warp mode for parallax compensation:
0 Disabled
1 D.WARP (default)

-b, --blending <blendMode> blending mode:
0 Multiband (default)
1 Master only
2 Slave only

-p, --projection <projectionMode> projection :
0 Equirectangular
(default)
1 Little Planet
2 Fisheye

--videoCodec <videoCodec> video codec for video
output:
0 H.264 (default)
1 CineForm
2 ProRes
3 VP9

--aspectRatio <aspectRatioMode> aspect ratio mode (overcapture only):
0 1:1
1 16:9
2 4:3

--fov <fov (degrees)> fov value in degrees (overcapture only):

-s, --stabilization <stabilizationMode> stabilization mode:
0 None
1 ShakeOnly
2 Full

--stabilizationFile <stabilizationFilepath> path to the
stabilization file (overrides GPMF). Only relevant when a stabilization mode is chosen.

--stabilizationCalib <stabilizationImuCalibFilepath> path to the IMU calibration file

--stabilizationDump <stabilizationDump> dump stabilization files
(sensors,timestamps,..)
to that directory (must
exist).

--iq <iqMode> IQ pass (GoPro Look):
0 disabled (default)
1 enabled, with the same implementation as the GUI
2 enabled, with the CPU implementation
3 enabled, with the GPU implementation

--denoise <value> denoise parameter to
use for the IQ pass,between 0 and 255. Onlyused if IQ pass is enabled

--enableAWB <value> enableAWB parameter to
use for the IQ pass, between 0 and 255. Only used if IQ pass is enabled

--flatMode <value> flatMode parameter to use for the IQ pass, between 0 and 255. Only used if IQ pass is enabled

--globalContrast <value> globalContrast parameter to use for the IQ pass, between 0 and 255. Only used if IQ
pass is enabled

--localContrast <value> localContrast parameter
to use for the IQ pass, between 0 and 255. Only used if IQ pass is enabled

--sharpness <value> sharpness parameter to use for the IQ pass, between 0 and 255. Only used if IQ pass is enabled

--temperature <value> temperature parameter
to use for the IQ pass,between 0 and 255. Only used if IQ pass is enabled

--tint <value> tint parameter to usefor the IQ pass, between
0 and 255. Only used if IQ pass is enabled

--wave <waveSoundPath> path to the wave file for ambisonic output

--amb, --ambType <ambType> ambisonic channel ordering:
0 Stereo (default)
1 Ambisonic Channel
Number (ACN)
2 Furse-Malham (FuMa)

--yaw <angle(degrees)> yaw orientation of the output

--pitch <angle(degrees)> pitch orientation of the output

--roll <angle(degrees)> roll orientation of the output

--noAnalytics disable usage statistics

-l, --logLevel <logLevel> log level:
0 None
1 Critical
2 Warning
3 Info (default)
4+ debug levels

--exportGpmf export the GPMF metadata in a JSON file specified in the output file argument

--advancedDebug <debugDirectory> export extra debug images (for developers & nerds only)

--profiling <svgFilename> export profiling SVG image

--benchmark print benchmark information

Tourist

[ New ]
New Fusion 1.4 Studio
And new Fusion firmware.
5.8K res stitched to 5.6k @ 24 Fkn FPS (About time!!!)

https://gopro.com/news/fusion-2-0-public-beta-firmware-update
Tourist

[ New ]

Yes it expands on this error, whilst frustrating it somehow lessens the blue and frustration!

FB_IMG_1547642419339.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Unfortunately, your way by using the command line still does not work with AMD chips. The issue is not solved!

gopro.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hendrikp10

This has been shared to the team in charge.

We'll get this thread updated as soon as we get additional information.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

It is good to see that GoPro is still investing in the Fusion software. I was worried that they had decided to abandon it completely.  I would like to see more investment in the mobile apps for Android and iOS. I recently had a tinker with the iOS app for the Insta360 One X, and it is soooo much better than GoPro's software.  It would be nice to see GoPro work towards achieving something similar.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @nobledusk16031. We have dedicated teams working on those products. We also just released some updates to the GoPro App and Quik for mobile for Android. We will continue to provide updates to improve how these products work. Your suggestions are appreciated. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, I'm new to the Fusion.  My camera has been updated to the latest firmware, and I'm running Fusion Studio 1.3.0.400.  My first attempt at a 360 video has been ruined by the 'unable to create decoders' error.  Google led me here, where I was surprised to see that it's apparently been a common problem since April 2018, some 11 months ago, through various Fusion Studio software versions.  GoPro's only response seems to be "we're working on it", without any indication of the cause, so it's been left to users to speculate and experiment for nearly a year.

This is really disappointing.  Have I missed the GoPro bulletin "How to beat the 'unable to create decoders' error"?  What does it even mean?

Tourist

[ New ]
UPDATE: I've just installed Fusion Studio on another machine (HP workstation), and I get the same 'unable to create decoders' error. Is the Fusion unfit for purpose?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nisp. If you haven't yet, see if installing the latest (Beta) versions of the Fusion and Fusion Studio will clear out the issue. There are information and instructions through this article on Fusion 2.0 Beta. Feel free to post back for any question or concern that you may have, or to share how it goes on your end. Best regards!

Explorer

[ New ]
@nisp
What are your computer specs?
OS
Processor
RAM
GPU
Storage

Is your media stored locally in your C: drive? Is it a hard drive or SSD?

Did you use a USB/SD adapter to copy both front and back folders into one Master folder or did you connect the camera to the computer to get the media?
Tourist

[ New ]

Die Lösung für das Problem:"Decoder kann nicht erstellt werden" oder "GPU Decoder Fehler" ist folgende:

je nachdem welche Firmware auf eurer Fusion installiert ist braucht ihr die Richtige Fusion Studio Software.

Ich habe eine sehr alte Fusion firmware. Die Videos konnte weder mit Fusion Studio 1.3 oder 1.4 gerendert werden (Hardware mehr als ausreichend). mit der Version 1.1 und 1.2 klappt alles Tadellos.

Tourist

Betreff: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

[ New ]

This is so ANNOYING !

Happy to have updated the firmware and to have installed Fusion Studio 1.4, in the last months most videos and images could be rendered normally.

And now, again there is a inunderstandable error message when I try to render videos in Studio 1.4: Supposedly, the graphics driver lacks 4K 360 support - although some weeks before everything had worked perfectly.

Only difference: I installed a Windows release update.

OK, so I tried an update of the graphics driver - of course that did not help.

What the hell is going on there? There is software for stitching panos now for decades! Please, GoPro programmers, get that sorted out as fast as possible!!

Explorer

[ New ]
Same thing just happened to me, but with Premier Pro. The Windows Update is screwing up the GPU drivers. I had to go to NVIDIA and download new drivers. I don't think this is a GoPro issue, rather a Windows issue with the Update.
Tourist

[ New ]

Of course I suspected the Windows update to be the cause - that's why I downloaded the newest stable driver from AMD before reporting here. As far as I can see in Windows settings, it is working.

What annoys me most is that everything is working in Fusion Studio 1.1 (boringly slow, though). Why haven't they simply kept the algorithms of 1.1 version as fallbacks in the later versions?

Tourist

[ New ]

... and still, after updating Windows and AMD graphics drivers again, the problem persists.

When can we finally expect GoPro will roll out some working piece of software??