Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

[ New ]

hello there i got a problem it said unable to create decoders. when i render it already. can anyone help? im using windows 7

thank you 

fsdferv.png
Explorer

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

[ New ]
I believe you need Windows 10

See, "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" on Fusion Studio download page.
https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-fusion-studio-app/fusion-studio.html
Tourist

[ New ]

Let me join the club! I have exactly the same problem As soon as I hit "RENDER ALL"  button in Render page I get red bar on the top which states "unable to create decoders". I use Windows 10 wit all available updates. Plenty of system recources.

When I go back to Edit page, I see "REFRESH" button instead of "Add to the render queue" button. Pressing that REFRESH button does completely nothing.

Besides other strange issues with the camera, about which I will start another thread, I am really disapointed in GoPro Fusion Studio. It is really crappy software. Possibly will have to look other apps that will do the job for me.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluevista66021

I am sorry if you feel this way. Please ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements

If you are still getting the error, please let our Support Team know so we can isolate the issue further. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem!

I updated to 120_2018-05-11, it will show "unable to create decoders".

I had to return to use 110_2018-01-05 and it worked.

Obviously there is a serious bug in version 120_2018-05-11.

I am disappointed... Smiley Sad

----

My system

64 bit Windows 10(Update1804)

Intel Core i5 6600K

RAM 16GB

AMD Radeon R9 290 with 4 GB RAM

Solid State Drive

Screen Resolution 2560x1440

Tourist

[ New ]
I can confirm, this is not related to hardware or resources. I have got Win10 64b with all possible updates, Xeon E5-2630 CPU, 56GB of RAM, Samsung SSD with enough free space, Radeon R9 28, which all should be above minimum requirements. GoPro support suggested that it might be due to External HDD with FAT32 filesystem, but this does not apply to me as I have internal SSD with NTFS. Meanwhile I would be curious to try older version of Fusion Studio, but where do I get it? I still have a hope that GoPro will quickly release new versions with new features before I completely give up on this.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Download FusionStudio x64 ver.110 (2018-01-05) Smiley Happy

https://software.gopro.com/PC/FusionStudio_x64_110_2018-01-05.exe

Hiker

[ New ]

Same problem here, previous version works. Besides it DOES work on AMD CPU (Threadripper 1900 8 Core + 16 GB) as well, so the hardware specs are a bit pointless. Apart from that I was very angry that my phone isn´t capable of handling the app. Not because the phone is too old but because GoPro didn´t mention anything on the box of the cam. That is not a good policy! If you see the app before buying the cam you see it requires Android 5, my S5 neo got Android 6 but then the app says the phone doesn´t meet the requirements. Why not adding the requirements to the box? I have no idea what requirements are needed but I could live with an app that provides basic features (I doubt there is speed required to communicate the settings to the fusion). Even slower rendering or preview with less frames would do.

Offtopic: Your website gives a message when registering: The redirect URI provided is not authorized. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I removed version 1.2, installed 1.1 and voila, rendering works. So I tried to install 2.2 back and it still has the unable to create decoders problem. So I now have two versions installed at the same time. 1.1 works and 1.2 does not.

@confusion, I had similar problem when pairing my Fusion with Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Android 7.1.1. When I choosed Fusioon to pair with, it said "We can't connect your fusion. Your phone cannot control your Fusion or support...." I solved this simply by choosing wrong camera to pair with. I choosed Hero 6 Black and then went through all the instructions and voila! My Fusion is connected to "unsupported" device and for a surprise I see Live 360 degree preview, can change settings and it appears like everything is working as it should. By the way, after connecting my Fusion this way, it later shows that my camera is Fusion, not Hero 6 Black as I choosed. So, another bug in GoPros software.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here and I've just brought this £650 camera! :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

same problem

Very frustrated

Tourist

[ New ]

It'd be great if gopro could acknoledge this bug and or give a suggestion to fix it!!!

Hiker

[ New ]

The inofficial workaround is the older version as stated herebefore.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes I'm aware of using 1.1 but its a shame gopro havent updated us on if this is a confirmed bug to them and or why this is happening and or if it's being fixed!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superpeak51868

Sorry for any troubles caused. While we do not recommend reverting to an older software version, we are still checking with the team in charge regarding this error.

We will post an update on this thread as soon as we hear from them.

Best Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Great stuff
Explorer

[ New ]
Have you updated to the latest release of Fusion Studio that came out on June 5th? If not, try a complete uninstall and then install of the latest version.
Tourist

[ New ]
I personally haven't but one of the other posters have I belive
Explorer

[ New ]
I didn't have issues before so I can't say if it will help or not, but this latest version also works fine on my computer.
Tourist

[ New ]
Well I'll try some things tonight but this obviously is effecting quite a few,
Explorer

[ New ]
Best of luck. I haven't seen any post except yours since the latest update, so hopefully the issue has been addressed.
Tourist

[ New ]
I tried new vesion released 5th of june. Unfortunately this problem persist.
Explorer

[ New ]
bummer
Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry in my haste to get to work and the GoPro employee finally commenting I've just re read your message, have you got a link to this 5th June update, I see while typing this out appears not to be fixed but I'll have a look at it...
Explorer

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
The link for June 5th version is https://software.gopro.com/PC/FusionStudio_x64_121_2018-06-01.exe it is currently available on GoPro Apps download page. It is strange that in file name it refers to 1st of June, but GoPro wrote me an email on 5th and here @danielr15 mentioned also 5th of June.
Tourist

[ New ]
It doesn't list the info regarding what's changed which is kind of what I was looking for....
Tourist

[ New ]

Bought the Fusion about a week ago and just got around to capturing and editing some footage.

After waiting for about 2 hours to get the footage figured out and Fusion studio fully loaded, I now get this error. Wow. Pretty disappointed. Downloaded 1.1 and waiting at "Generating Previews" for the last 20 minutes. 

Will probably return this and get a base Hero as those are pretty darn good little cameras. This Fusion on the other hand...

Tourist

[ New ]

Installed 1.1.

30 minutes of previews later and 1.1 is currently stitching. (Worked!)

Crazy they released a newer version that is missing codecs or something and doesn't work. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I think we have to wait for that one guy who's writing the software to fix it.

What's his name?

I can't wait for a Gopro employee to tell me "I'm sorry you feel that way..." to the fact I CAN'T RENDER ANY OF MY FOOTAGE!

Tourist

[ New ]

So I uninstalled both 1.1 and 1.2 (latest) restarted my machine, went to install 1.2 and I got 3x errors (UNable to create decoders) then the software started rendering the 4th video... then it went and errored again.. so now I need to get back to 1.1 but dont have a copy of the install :'( ffs

Capture2.PNG
Anonymous

[ New ]

Im using 1.2.1.400 version and still the same error....

Uninstalling it and installing previous version...Smiley Frustrated

Tourist

[ New ]

No update let alone a response from GoPro? I know they surf this forum as I see replies on other posts.

Those $50 YI 4K action cam's arent looking so bad after all... Why pay 200-800 bucks (a premium) when the support is non-existent.

There is a reason Apple products are 10-30% more than their competitors and they still sell - Customer service.

Tourist

[ New ]

I got this error with Version 1.2 with an out dated GTX 570 2 Gig Video Card. The GTX 570 worked fine with Version 1.1.

Replaced it with a GTX 1060 6Gig and now working fine. Gopro studio 1.2 seems 5 times faster with stitching and loading previews.

Looks like it could driver related as my PC was never able to find the correct windows 10 drivers for the GTX 570 or that GoPro removed some unsupported codecs.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'd expect them to warn us if it stops working purely based on drivers!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same Problem here.. The Mac Version is running fine.. Just kinda slow for running on the new Mac Book Pro 
On the Windows PC no matter which setting i get the "unable to create decoders" msg.. 

Any news from GoPro ?! 

We just bought the Fusion as an edition to our Omni rig but till now i am not happy due to the fact that its not rendering on the PC 

Please GoPro find a quick solution.. Rendering on my MacBook is not an option. 

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Betriebsystemhersteller Microsoft Corporation
System LENOVO
Systemmodell 43531D9
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
System-SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Prozessor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz, 2601 MHz, 8 Kern(e), 16 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
Prozessor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz, 2600 MHz, 8 Kern(e), 16 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Date LENOVO A3KT28AUS, 29.08.2013
SMBIOS-Version 2.7
Version des eingebetteten Controllers 255.255
BIOS-Modus Vorgängerversion
Windows-Verzeichnis C:\WINDOWS
Systemverzeichnis C:\WINDOWS\system32
Hardwareabstraktionsebene Version = "10.0.17134.1"
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 128 GB
Gesamter physischer Speicher 128 GB
Verfügbarer physischer Speicher 119 GB

Explorer

[ New ]
Try reaching out to the GoPro Support Team https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

They might be able to help you out.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Can anyone tell me how to get the previous version of Fusion Studio?  Just installed Fusion Studio on my pc and mac at the same time, works fine on the mac but its 6 years old and doesn't work on the pc which is brand new. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Congratulations, it will never work so it appears!
Sightseer

[ New ]
I'm sure there is a solution.
Tourist

[ New ]

This topic started in APRIL, we are still waiting, the only soloution so far is to buy more expensive graphics cards!

Tourist

[ New ]

Just bought Fusion and have the same problem, is there any solution ? My PC is new with 64 GB of ram and ssd HD, wieth a lot os space on HD.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hooray for the link to to the old version of the program!!! Now I can render my videos. New version only worked on photos!!!

Windows 10 64bit

Sightseer

[ New ]

I´ve the same issues.

expensive Camera,

expensive PC (wich fullfills the requiements),

APP doesn´t stich my content. -Same decoder issue.

version 1.1 works, bud sucking slow and buggy.

Sightseer

[ New ]

fyi

Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4000 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 32,0 GB
GPU R9 290X

SSD 850pro

all drivers up to date.

did made a fresh install of windows, to check if its my issue - nope. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]
Where is the link to the kid version?
Sightseer

[ New ]
Old version. Not kid.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughpeak63583

Thank you for sharing the information.

Please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this.

They are available via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
This is NOT a valid fix, but because I spent 700 on a camera that is a paper weight I bought a 1080 TI video card and the error went away with the new version.

I'm happy this fixed the issue, but the support..err lack of support will lead me to not recommend GoPro to anyone. Why pay a premium for a garage product when you can pay 1/10 the cost on a garbage product on Amazon.com.
Explorer

[ New ]
What GPU did you have before getting the 1080ti? Utilizing a computer/GPU that meets the system requirements is a valid solution. For the NVIDIA GTX cards, the 1050ti is the minimum IMO.