Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GOPRO FUSION unable to create decoders

Highlighted
Tourist

The link for June 5th version is https://software.gopro.com/PC/FusionStudio_x64_121_2018-06-01.exe it is currently available on GoPro Apps download page. It is strange that in file name it refers to 1st of June, but GoPro wrote me an email on 5th and here @danielr15 mentioned also 5th of June.
Highlighted
Tourist

It doesn't list the info regarding what's changed which is kind of what I was looking for....
Highlighted
Tourist

Bought the Fusion about a week ago and just got around to capturing and editing some footage.

After waiting for about 2 hours to get the footage figured out and Fusion studio fully loaded, I now get this error. Wow. Pretty disappointed. Downloaded 1.1 and waiting at "Generating Previews" for the last 20 minutes. 

Will probably return this and get a base Hero as those are pretty darn good little cameras. This Fusion on the other hand...

Highlighted
Tourist

Installed 1.1.

30 minutes of previews later and 1.1 is currently stitching. (Worked!)

Crazy they released a newer version that is missing codecs or something and doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I think we have to wait for that one guy who's writing the software to fix it.

What's his name?

I can't wait for a Gopro employee to tell me "I'm sorry you feel that way..." to the fact I CAN'T RENDER ANY OF MY FOOTAGE!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

So I uninstalled both 1.1 and 1.2 (latest) restarted my machine, went to install 1.2 and I got 3x errors (UNable to create decoders) then the software started rendering the 4th video... then it went and errored again.. so now I need to get back to 1.1 but dont have a copy of the install :'( ffs

Capture2.PNG
Highlighted
Sightseer

Im using 1.2.1.400 version and still the same error....

Uninstalling it and installing previous version...Smiley Frustrated