Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GOPRO FUSION restarting

[ New ]

Hello, I left my gopro to rendering  the recorded videos connected on pc last night.I found my gopro fusion  this morning restarting continuously..I tried the software update but it does not recognize the cards. Please help me.

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: GOPRO FUSION restarting

[ New ]

1st up, the best way to manage dealing with GoPro Fusion Footage:

I created the above because following it speeds up the whole rendering and stitching process.  Working with your Fusion footage through the camera slows down the entire process by 50% or more.   However what I didn't cover was that leaving your camera connected to your PC like that could also result in damage due to over heating, possible power fluctuations etc.  Your PC is built to handle that type of thing, the camera may not be able to when hooked up as a data device as opposed to hooked up to a power supply.

Anyway, it sounds like your camera's firmware may be corrupted and a manual update of the firmware should be done.  However if the SD cards are no longer being recognized by the camera, I suggest you see if they are working in the pc.  if so, copy your footage across using the method in the video.  Then format one of your cards in the pc (this will remove all footage from it, so back it up first if needed) and then put the card into your camera and perform a format in the camera.  The proceed with a manual update of the firmware.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @danielwow

Please try running a manual update.

Useful for updating or reinstalling camera software. 

1. Go to the Fusion update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

NOTE: In some instances, it can take up to ≈15 minutes for the first portion of the Fusion update ("1/2" on the camera's screen) to complete and progress to the next step ("2/2"). Please do not remove your camera's battery or SD cards during this time.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Backpacker

[ New ]

1st up, the best way to manage dealing with GoPro Fusion Footage:

I created the above because following it speeds up the whole rendering and stitching process.  Working with your Fusion footage through the camera slows down the entire process by 50% or more.   However what I didn't cover was that leaving your camera connected to your PC like that could also result in damage due to over heating, possible power fluctuations etc.  Your PC is built to handle that type of thing, the camera may not be able to when hooked up as a data device as opposed to hooked up to a power supply.

Anyway, it sounds like your camera's firmware may be corrupted and a manual update of the firmware should be done.  However if the SD cards are no longer being recognized by the camera, I suggest you see if they are working in the pc.  if so, copy your footage across using the method in the video.  Then format one of your cards in the pc (this will remove all footage from it, so back it up first if needed) and then put the card into your camera and perform a format in the camera.  The proceed with a manual update of the firmware.

Tourist

[ New ]

I just tried all possible options, the camera is no longer recognized by the pc...all steps from live support are followed but same  restarting

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for trying @danielwow

Our Support Team should be able to help you move forward with your concern.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I would have liked, unfortunately she was received for Christmas and I don't have a receipt...It is its second use in a year :(

GoPro

[ New ]

Our Support team will be able to look into options for you, @danielwow. If you haven't yet, it would be best to get in touch with them.