Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GOPRO FUSION Black Preview Screen

Hi,

I use an iphone XS MAX to pair and use the GOPRO App.  I don't get any live preview from the camera through the recording and control and playback all work fine.  I thought it was because I'm using T-Mobile so I turned on Air PLane Mode then proceed to connect to the app and still get the black live preview screen.  I downgraded the resolution to 3K to test and still black screen.  I swapped 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ band but still the same.  Can anybody advise?  

I tried this on the NVIDIA SHIELD K1 Tablet as well and I also got the black live screen.  Thanks.

Tin

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GOPRO FUSION Black Preview Screen

Hi @shinn7701

The current version of the app does not allow live view for 360 videos.

We'll have this shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO FUSION Black Preview Screen

Hi is there any public notice about this?  I just spent an hour working with your guy's tech support trying to isolate the cause.  We eventually devolved to yes software incompatibility.  But a common announcement would alleve us of a lot of issues.  I got a great deal on the GoPro FUsion but I had to return it because I didn't know if it was a hardware issue.  What I don't get is on youtube 2 years ago there was a video showing a working live preview on an iPhone 6s.  So I have now an XS MAX and it doesn't work.

V/R

Tin Nguyen