Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GOPRO 8 gets too hot to hold and freezes often

Exactly. Bast....

Highlighted
Hiker

jokes on them...the 9 has even WORSE overheating issues already..... RIP

Highlighted
Tourist

I just got the Hero 9 and after a google search about the heat, was directed here. I am having this issue also with the 9, so it doesn't seem to be resolved. It is scary hot, definitely could either harm the components or skin if worn near skin, as I hoped to do with a headstrap for trail running.

Is there a solution? I just got it and doesn't seem it will work as is.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @dn141

Do you have the camera up to date? Please make sure that you are using a recommended SD card.

Check out Camera Performance in Extreme Temperatures

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The camera was just updated two days ago, and I am using the provided SD card. I am using the camera in room temperature, and it gets excessively hot when when just turned to make a 20 minute video. After that video, the fully charged battery had been depleted to below 50%. Seems that something may be defective with this unit.

Highlighted
Tourist

In addition, this was recorded just using the standard 1080 definition, not 4k or slo-mo
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej,

The 'Support Team' function is not operational at the moment. Do you think you might be able to help me connect with Support?

Best,

Dan