Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GOPRO 7 black black screen

[ New ]

On brand new gopro hero 7 black scrren is black. Front screen works fine, but main screen is black al the time.

I did manual update, but cant make factory reset as I dont see menu.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GOPRO 7 black black screen

[ New ]

Hello @marekz555 and @hugod2042. Sorry for the delayed response. It is odd for your brand new cameras to not have the rear screen display. Was the SD card put into the correct slot? Inserting the SD card between the SD card slot and the battery can put pressure on the back of the touch display causing it to go black. Removing the card will resolve the issue. 

If this is not the case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. They can be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I got the same problem.  I tried a lot of things and no luck.  I think that we got a bad unit that needs to be replaced!  Mine is about 11 months old.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @marekz555 and @hugod2042. Sorry for the delayed response. It is odd for your brand new cameras to not have the rear screen display. Was the SD card put into the correct slot? Inserting the SD card between the SD card slot and the battery can put pressure on the back of the touch display causing it to go black. Removing the card will resolve the issue. 

If this is not the case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. They can be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Tourist

[ New ]

I did go through a session with a support person to try to resolve issue.  Did what you mentioned and also went throught the update procedure.  Nothing worked.  Sent camera back for replacement (at their request) about 10 days ago since it was still under warranty. As of this date, no replacement yet.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @hugod2042. Good to know that your concern has been attended to by Support. It would be best to continue working with them so they can provide you the most recent status on the replacement camera order. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]

Well this is not over yet.  When I started this process I was set on my mind that the unit was a 7 Black, even when I was talking with support and gave them the serial number it was not apperent to them or me that the unit was actually a 6 Black unit.  The documentation that I submited for the warranty cllaim indicated that it was a 6 Black unit.  Since this was under warranty the unit was replaced.  But guess what?  The unit I received was a 5 Black!!  Someone was not paying attention.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hugod2042, we try to help out as best as we can. I was able to locate your Support case based on the email address associated with your GoPro Hub account. Upon checking, the serial number that you provided during your interaction with Support was for a HERO(2018) camera and not a HERO6 Black.

I'd suggest to continue working with our Support Team for further assistance on getting this sorted out. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.